Dutch designers StudioBloomm have produced a clock that displays the hours, minutes and seconds on three separate cogs.
Here's some info from the designers:
Concept: We buy products, use products and when they are broken, we throw them away. Rarely we repair. In this way we lose our sense of interest in technology. Clock Delay brings this feeling back.
Technique: A mechanism consisting of three cogwheels: one for hours, one for minutes, and one for seconds. No pointers needed: the time is shown at the point where the wheels nearly meet.
Material: Clock Delay has been carried out in Stainless Steel & Aluminium. Produced in The Netherlands.
Dimensions: L35 W35 H48 cm
Design: STUDIObloomm, Bas van Leeuwen, The Netherlands
- Flame Lamps by Gitta Gschwendtner
- Theca and Steelwood Galva by Ronan and E…rwan Bouroullec for Magis
- American Chateau: Room One by Jaime Hay√…≥n and Nienke Klunder
- Water-catching device wins Arup competit…ion
- Scholten & Baijings exhibit retrospectiv…e at Villa Noailles
- Mooncake by +tongtong
- Mother's Day gift ideas from Dezeen Watc…h Store
- London Design Festival eyes South Bank
- Furniture by Postfossil
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories