Dutch designers StudioBloomm have produced a clock that displays the hours, minutes and seconds on three separate cogs.
Here's some info from the designers:
Concept: We buy products, use products and when they are broken, we throw them away. Rarely we repair. In this way we lose our sense of interest in technology. Clock Delay brings this feeling back.
Technique: A mechanism consisting of three cogwheels: one for hours, one for minutes, and one for seconds. No pointers needed: the time is shown at the point where the wheels nearly meet.
Material: Clock Delay has been carried out in Stainless Steel & Aluminium. Produced in The Netherlands.
Dimensions: L35 W35 H48 cm
Design: STUDIObloomm, Bas van Leeuwen, The Netherlands
- "The second hand is a real piece of sc…ulpture moving around the watch" – Benjamin Hubert
- Pharrell Williams unveils first phase …of collaboration with Adidas
- Fathom Mirror by Joe Doucet
- AC02 Jewel by Saskia Diez for e15
- Building Bytes 3D printed bricks by Br…ian Peters
- Rewrite by GamFratesi
- Negative Space Chess Set by Stefan Gou…gherty
- Wooden stool with a gaping mouth store…s a magazine within its seat
- Juxtaposed: Power by Mike and Maaike
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories