Dutch designers StudioBloomm have produced a clock that displays the hours, minutes and seconds on three separate cogs.
Here's some info from the designers:
Concept: We buy products, use products and when they are broken, we throw them away. Rarely we repair. In this way we lose our sense of interest in technology. Clock Delay brings this feeling back.
Technique: A mechanism consisting of three cogwheels: one for hours, one for minutes, and one for seconds. No pointers needed: the time is shown at the point where the wheels nearly meet.
Material: Clock Delay has been carried out in Stainless Steel & Aluminium. Produced in The Netherlands.
Dimensions: L35 W35 H48 cm
Design: STUDIObloomm, Bas van Leeuwen, The Netherlands
- "I felt we should change the way Emeco m…akes chairs" - Konstantin Grcic
- Hook by Jean Nouvel
- ALPA 12 TC camera by Estragon
- Couture by Marcel Wanders for Graham & B…rown
- A Quiet Celebration by Morie Nishimura
- Tom Dixon in Milan
- Iris by Mimi Zou at Show RCA 2012
- Fish packaging by PostlerFerguson
- Interactive slideshow: furniture and hom…eware from Danish brand Hay
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories