Dutch designers StudioBloomm have produced a clock that displays the hours, minutes and seconds on three separate cogs.
Here's some info from the designers:
Concept: We buy products, use products and when they are broken, we throw them away. Rarely we repair. In this way we lose our sense of interest in technology. Clock Delay brings this feeling back.
Technique: A mechanism consisting of three cogwheels: one for hours, one for minutes, and one for seconds. No pointers needed: the time is shown at the point where the wheels nearly meet.
Material: Clock Delay has been carried out in Stainless Steel & Aluminium. Produced in The Netherlands.
Dimensions: L35 W35 H48 cm
Design: STUDIObloomm, Bas van Leeuwen, The Netherlands
- Pentagon Pen by Industrial Facility
- Robotic vacuum cleaners perform a Vienne…se Waltz at Biennale Interieur 2014
- Carro Lungi by Ciszak Dalmas
- Philippe Malouin creates "super soft" fo…am chair for Established & Sons
- 20 litre Coat Stand by Peter Marigold
- "People who don't like Comic Sans don't …know anything about design"
- Sensory Sky by Sieger Design for Dornbra…cht
- Rollercoaster provides centrepiece for P…hilipp Plein catwalk
- Design performances at Design Miami/Base…l
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories