Dutch designers StudioBloomm have produced a clock that displays the hours, minutes and seconds on three separate cogs.
Here's some info from the designers:
Concept: We buy products, use products and when they are broken, we throw them away. Rarely we repair. In this way we lose our sense of interest in technology. Clock Delay brings this feeling back.
Technique: A mechanism consisting of three cogwheels: one for hours, one for minutes, and one for seconds. No pointers needed: the time is shown at the point where the wheels nearly meet.
Material: Clock Delay has been carried out in Stainless Steel & Aluminium. Produced in The Netherlands.
Dimensions: L35 W35 H48 cm
Design: STUDIObloomm, Bas van Leeuwen, The Netherlands
- Rememberme by Tobias Juretzek for Casama…nia
- Ziiiro launches Eclipse watch with float…ing markers and luminous dial
- Food and Design: a report by Dezeen for …Scholtès
- Dezeen loves... Bitfall
- Lianne Polinder's Technomimicry textiles… are based on LCD screens and solar panels
- Library bus by Muungano
- Volvo's connected helmet warns cyclists …of car collisions
- Highlife by Claesson Koivisto Rune for T…acchini
- Fashion collection woven from Uruguayan …wool by Mercedes Arocena and Lucía Benítez
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories