London-based artist Gayle Chong Kwan has created a fantasy landscape out of used plastic food packaging for an exhibition in London.
The exhibition, called Atlantis, is commissioned by Arts Co.
Atlantis is at 29 Thurloe Place, SW7 until 6 December.
The exhibition also features photographs of previous incarnations of Atlantis completed by the artist.
The following text is from Gayle Chong Kwan:
Arts Co and Pia Getty are pleased to present an exhibition by artist Gayle Chong Kwan.
Atlantis is an enormous mythical landscape, a city created and carved out of semi-opaque, used, plastic food packaging, collected from people who live in London and covering the entire exhibition space.
The Atlantis installation will be accompanied by large-scale photographs exploring this enchanting and uncanny city of plastic.
Atlantis is generously supported by Brompton Estates.
29 Thurloe Place, SW7 2HQ
12th November - 6th December
- London Britannia Airport by Gensler
- The Russia Factory by Sergei Tchoban, Pa…vel Khoroshilov and Grigory Revzin
- Photography studio by FT Architects feat…ures corrugated plastic walls and a faceted roof
- Jianamani Visitor Centre by Atelier Team…Minus
- Santiago Calatrava completes Florida Pol…ytechnic University
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science by Mo…rphosis
- House in Kawanishi by Tato Architects wi…th hipped roof and stilts
- Fantasy world based on Alice in Wonderla…nd wins architectural fairytale contest
- State archive of the Evangelical Luthera…n Church of Bavaria by GMP Architekten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories