London-based artist Gayle Chong Kwan has created a fantasy landscape out of used plastic food packaging for an exhibition in London.
The exhibition, called Atlantis, is commissioned by Arts Co.
Atlantis is at 29 Thurloe Place, SW7 until 6 December.
The exhibition also features photographs of previous incarnations of Atlantis completed by the artist.
The following text is from Gayle Chong Kwan:
Arts Co and Pia Getty are pleased to present an exhibition by artist Gayle Chong Kwan.
Atlantis is an enormous mythical landscape, a city created and carved out of semi-opaque, used, plastic food packaging, collected from people who live in London and covering the entire exhibition space.
The Atlantis installation will be accompanied by large-scale photographs exploring this enchanting and uncanny city of plastic.
Atlantis is generously supported by Brompton Estates.
29 Thurloe Place, SW7 2HQ
12th November - 6th December
- LALALA Arthotel in Sopot
- Villa Kettukallio by Playa Architects …provides a woodland holiday home
- Origami House by TSC Architects featur…es a roof modelled on folded paper
- International Conference Center in Oua…gadougou by CAAU
- Round and rectangular buildings form a…dult education centre by 1004arquitectos
- More images of Nouvel’s Abu Dhabi mu…seum
- Symbiotic Villa by Zaha Hadid
- Paper City: Urban Utopias exhibitionat… the Royal Academy of Arts
- Rooftop hangar by TDO provides launchp…ad for James Bridle's surveillance balloon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories