Filmed by Dezeen at Design Miami in front of a live audience, the Noten talks about the five images (including a Russian street sweeper and blobs of chewing gum on a pavement) he selected in response to the Design Miami Chat Shows brief: My Design Life in Five Images.
See all the movies in this series posted so far or watch individual movies:
Design Miami Chat Shows are supported by Fendi.
Here's a biography of Noten:
Ted was born in Tegelen, The Netherlands in 1956. In his early adult life he explored various jobs, such as bricklaying and nursing, before finding his way to the Academy for Applied Arts in Maastricht in 1983 and the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in 1986.
From there he built an international reputation for jewelry design, and since 2005, has created unique, often controversial designs from his Amsterdam-based studio Atelier Ted Noten.
Ted holds a Senior International Research Fellow position in the School of Jewellery at Birmingham City University in England, and his wry and witty work has been presented in a variety of museums and galleries around the world. Ted will be represented by the Jewellery Gallery Ornamentum at this year’s Design Miami/.
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for the …Stepney Green Design Collection
- Sigmund's Travelling T-Laboratory tea se…t packs away into a phallic tube
- Bird by Zhili Liu
- Chapel of the Assumption Interior by Joh…n Doe
- Rick Owens pairs springy soles with leat…her for Adidas SS15 footwear
- Grcic produces limited edition tables
- Opera by Axel Enthoven
- Plants bloom on Mischer'Traxler's table …for Perrier-Jouët when you move away from it
- Wenlock and Mandeville by iris
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories