In the video Tosa discusses his 'nonsense machines' and the importance of performance in his work.
Here's some text about Tosa from Design Indaba:
An interview with Nobumichi Tosa at Design Indaba 2009 considers Tosa's quirky and inspired, youthful perspective made manifest in his limitless innovation. Tosa's inventions, which he refers to as "nonsense machines" foster his own playful mindset - a vision of what he calls a "bright peace" world.
With a Masters in Art from Tsukuba University in Japan, Nobumichi Tosa established Maywa Denki with his brother in 1993. Initially an exclusive art unit belonging to Sony Music Entertainment, it transferred its management to Yoshimoto Kogyo Co Ltd in 1998.
- Young Creative Poland at the London Desi…gn Festival
- Wonderlamp by Studio Job and Pieke Bergm…ans for Dilmos
- Termo by Tomek Rygalik
- Bavaria by Studio Job
- Shadow City by Izabela Boloz
- Silver Sugar Spoon by Studio Makkink & B…ey
- Dan Yeffet creates Torch floor light fro…m marble and glass
- Snarkitecture creates warren of textile …ribbons for COS
- Doomsday Survival by Minki Cheng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories