In the video Tosa discusses his 'nonsense machines' and the importance of performance in his work.
Here's some text about Tosa from Design Indaba:
An interview with Nobumichi Tosa at Design Indaba 2009 considers Tosa's quirky and inspired, youthful perspective made manifest in his limitless innovation. Tosa's inventions, which he refers to as "nonsense machines" foster his own playful mindset - a vision of what he calls a "bright peace" world.
With a Masters in Art from Tsukuba University in Japan, Nobumichi Tosa established Maywa Denki with his brother in 1993. Initially an exclusive art unit belonging to Sony Music Entertainment, it transferred its management to Yoshimoto Kogyo Co Ltd in 1998.
- Found by Stuart Haygarth at Haunch of Ve…nison
- Lockheed Chair by Riot & Sollier
- Fractal Table by Platform Wertel Oberfel…l
- GRUPPE creates pastel-coloured totems to… signpost Clerkenwell Design Week
- Sit lamp by Fiona Thomson
- Icelandic designer creates floatation ca…ps and armbands for bathing in geothermal water
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothers at Vi…tra Design Museum
- Flow2 kitchen by Studio Gorm
- Fishpond City by Lu Yang, Christian Lind…le and Raoul Bukor
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories