In the video Tosa discusses his 'nonsense machines' and the importance of performance in his work.
Here's some text about Tosa from Design Indaba:
An interview with Nobumichi Tosa at Design Indaba 2009 considers Tosa's quirky and inspired, youthful perspective made manifest in his limitless innovation. Tosa's inventions, which he refers to as "nonsense machines" foster his own playful mindset - a vision of what he calls a "bright peace" world.
With a Masters in Art from Tsukuba University in Japan, Nobumichi Tosa established Maywa Denki with his brother in 1993. Initially an exclusive art unit belonging to Sony Music Entertainment, it transferred its management to Yoshimoto Kogyo Co Ltd in 1998.
- Tender Tub by Maren Hartveld
- BEN.NA by Damien Fredriksen Ravn
- Movie: Ross Lovegrove on his Solar Tree …at Clerkenwell Design Week
- "It's the most important week in the des…ign calendar"
- Featured event: Design Miami 2012
- Benjamin Hubert and Moroso "share a pass…ion for innovations in textile"
- Rolls-Royce uses bamboo and silk to crea…te its "most opulent" car interior
- Parlour Lighting by Donna Bates
- Poly Bowls by Martin Zampach
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories