In the video Tosa discusses his 'nonsense machines' and the importance of performance in his work.
Here's some text about Tosa from Design Indaba:
An interview with Nobumichi Tosa at Design Indaba 2009 considers Tosa's quirky and inspired, youthful perspective made manifest in his limitless innovation. Tosa's inventions, which he refers to as "nonsense machines" foster his own playful mindset - a vision of what he calls a "bright peace" world.
With a Masters in Art from Tsukuba University in Japan, Nobumichi Tosa established Maywa Denki with his brother in 1993. Initially an exclusive art unit belonging to Sony Music Entertainment, it transferred its management to Yoshimoto Kogyo Co Ltd in 1998.
- Springs 3D-printed glasses by Ron Arad f…or pq
- SuperFoam Chair by Rich Gilbert
- Tape Lamp by Sylvia Pichler for Skitsch
- Philippe Malouin installs swing set insi…de grand Milanese palazzo
- Movie: tour of Innovation Design Enginee…ring at Show RCA 2012 with Miles Pennington
- Heirloom by Benjamin Graindorge for Mous…tache
- Cast Desk Tidy by Benjamin Hubert
- New images of Fukasawa’s Infobar2 phon…e
- AL-10 by Vuk Jakovljevic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories