In the video Tosa discusses his 'nonsense machines' and the importance of performance in his work.
Here's some text about Tosa from Design Indaba:
An interview with Nobumichi Tosa at Design Indaba 2009 considers Tosa's quirky and inspired, youthful perspective made manifest in his limitless innovation. Tosa's inventions, which he refers to as "nonsense machines" foster his own playful mindset - a vision of what he calls a "bright peace" world.
With a Masters in Art from Tsukuba University in Japan, Nobumichi Tosa established Maywa Denki with his brother in 1993. Initially an exclusive art unit belonging to Sony Music Entertainment, it transferred its management to Yoshimoto Kogyo Co Ltd in 1998.
- Sleep Series by Another Country for Heal…'s
- Hassell and Draisci Studio create "Londo…n's first sleeperie" to encourage daytime naps
- Mataerial by Petr Novikov, Saša Jokić,… Joris Laarman Lab and IAAC
- Nick Cobby explores the human mind in mu…sic video for Max Cooper and Tom Hodge
- Moon Ji Bang installs a field of mushroo…m-shaped balloons outside a Seoul museum
- Kartell presents new Ettore Sottsass col…lection in Memphis-themed exhibition
- Designed in Hackney: laser dresses by Hu…ssein Chalayan for Swarovski
- THINKK Studio and Studio 248at Ventura L…ambrate
- New 203 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories