In the video Tosa discusses his 'nonsense machines' and the importance of performance in his work.
Here's some text about Tosa from Design Indaba:
An interview with Nobumichi Tosa at Design Indaba 2009 considers Tosa's quirky and inspired, youthful perspective made manifest in his limitless innovation. Tosa's inventions, which he refers to as "nonsense machines" foster his own playful mindset - a vision of what he calls a "bright peace" world.
With a Masters in Art from Tsukuba University in Japan, Nobumichi Tosa established Maywa Denki with his brother in 1993. Initially an exclusive art unit belonging to Sony Music Entertainment, it transferred its management to Yoshimoto Kogyo Co Ltd in 1998.
- Barnaby Barford mirrors and figurines
- Toyo Ito for Yamagiwa
- Invitation: Dezeen Watch Store autumn ev…ent 7 November
- Claesson Koivisto Rune extends its W131a…luminium lighting range for Wästberg
- Ilona Gaynor designs staging for a hypot…hetical court case
- F-Type by Jaguar
- Comme des Garçons Guerrilla Store +4161
- Cinque Terre by Ljiljana Majkić
- Pablo Benito illustrates international c…lubbing meccas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories