In the video Tosa discusses his 'nonsense machines' and the importance of performance in his work.
Here's some text about Tosa from Design Indaba:
An interview with Nobumichi Tosa at Design Indaba 2009 considers Tosa's quirky and inspired, youthful perspective made manifest in his limitless innovation. Tosa's inventions, which he refers to as "nonsense machines" foster his own playful mindset - a vision of what he calls a "bright peace" world.
With a Masters in Art from Tsukuba University in Japan, Nobumichi Tosa established Maywa Denki with his brother in 1993. Initially an exclusive art unit belonging to Sony Music Entertainment, it transferred its management to Yoshimoto Kogyo Co Ltd in 1998.
- Classic songs become buildings in Fede…rico Babina's Archimusic illustrations
- Alizz.Cooper by Ingo Maurer
- Deskbox by Raw Edges for Arco
- Platypus Chair, Bambi Chair, Crane Lam…p and Duck Lamp by Studio Juju
- Will.i.am launches eyewear range with …designer George Gorrow
- Roll table by Tom Dixon
- Those speakers at last
- Locker by Magnus Pettersen for the Ste…pney Green Design Collection
- Five Star Crockery by Judith Montens
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories