Called Trush In, the design has two sockets and is presented in green, red and black.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some more information from Miyake:
An electric extension cord with cable container. It is a new design solution for the cable spaghetti.
Arihiro Miyake’s new furniture collection is presented at Salone Satellite during Milano Furniture Fair 2009 (22nd-27th April).
The collection includes six projects which are newly designed and developed in the past year. The lightings, arm chair, cable container and partition wall are showcased at Pavillion 22/24, Booth B22 in Fiera Milano, Rho.
In this exhibition, Arihiro is aiming to switch the functional essence into a new aesthetic. The theme is an aesthetic that is purely indicated by core design factor and leads us to the innovative and extreme nature of tomorrow. The presented designs introduce specific materials and technologies, such as power-LED and recycled PET fibre, concerning sustainability as an inevitable issue of the future design. The designs in the exhibition also highlight Arihiro Miyake’s progressive solutions towards design matters of our time. Above all, he calls it “A Way to The Future”.
The exhibition is organized by Studio Arihiro Miyake and assisted by Valentina Folli. The exhibition is supported by Finnish Cultural Foundation, Art Council of Finland, Mytime Oy, Martela Oyj, Legnani s.r.l and Potomak co.,ltd.
Arihiro Miyake (Born in 1975, Kobe Japan)
In 1999, he graduated from Kobe Design University (KDU) in Japan, and in 2002, graduated from Master degree in furniture design at University of Art and Design, Helsinki (UIAH). After he has worked at Studio Ilkka Suppanen and a few other studios, in 2004, he established design office “Studio Arihiro Miyake” in Helsinki.
- London designers create tiny dream rooms… for Museum of Childhood exhibition
- Drawing Machine by All Lovely Stuff
- Richard Hutten for Christofle
- London by Hand by Jenni Sparks at Dezeen… Super Store
- Martin Azua's Trees and Rocks table cont…rasts wood with marble
- Bouroullecs to present coloured glass fu…rniture range in Milan
- Maarten Baas for Established & Sons
- Wonderwater Cafe at Tian Hai by Jane Wit…hers, Kari Korkman and Aalto University
- Zaha Hadid for Serralunga
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories