American designer Paul Loebach has created a series of three saggy-looking vases made of solid wood.
The vases are CNC machined from solid maple in two halves and then joined.
The project was presented at Spazio Rossana Orlandi in Milan earlier this year.
Here's further information from the designer:
An experiment in wood construction and CNC machining.
Blocks of solid maple are milled in two separate halves and joined together with an accentuated ‘parting line’, articulating the profile of the polymorphic shapes.
Approx 6 x 6 x 10 in / 15 x 15 x 25 cm
Machined Solid Maple
- Cherry Tree by Tom Price
- Fabric Pen by Ingrida Kazenaite repairs …clothes without stitching
- Cut&Paste and HP launch contest for pre-…crowdfunded product campaigns
- Torafu Architects hides dolls' house wit…hin a wooden chair
- Clock Delay by StudioBloomm
- MDBC Totem by Boym Partners for Ghostly …International
- Voyage to Uchronia by Matali Crasset at …Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
- Pavilion made of 3D-printed salt by Emer…ging Objects
- Martin the Mule by Ibride
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories