American designer Paul Loebach has created a series of three saggy-looking vases made of solid wood.
The vases are CNC machined from solid maple in two halves and then joined.
The project was presented at Spazio Rossana Orlandi in Milan earlier this year.
Here's further information from the designer:
An experiment in wood construction and CNC machining.
Blocks of solid maple are milled in two separate halves and joined together with an accentuated ‘parting line’, articulating the profile of the polymorphic shapes.
Approx 6 x 6 x 10 in / 15 x 15 x 25 cm
Machined Solid Maple
- Mercury by Ziiiro available in new colou…rs at Dezeen Watch Store
- Hans J. Wegner's CH88 chair put into pro…duction by Carl Hansen & Son
- Designers in Residence at the Design Mus…eum
- Van Eijk & Van der Lubbe design "an expe…rience in motion" for Volvo
- Aldo Rossi "didn't believe that form fol…lows function" says Alberto Alessi
- Multithread by Clemens Weisshaar and Ree…d Kram
- Wire Lighting Collection by Deadgood
- New Ingo Maurer showroom
- Vera, Chapter One by KM and ÉM
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories