American designer Paul Loebach has created a series of three saggy-looking vases made of solid wood.
The vases are CNC machined from solid maple in two halves and then joined.
The project was presented at Spazio Rossana Orlandi in Milan earlier this year.
Here's further information from the designer:
An experiment in wood construction and CNC machining.
Blocks of solid maple are milled in two separate halves and joined together with an accentuated ‘parting line’, articulating the profile of the polymorphic shapes.
Approx 6 x 6 x 10 in / 15 x 15 x 25 cm
Machined Solid Maple
- Design performances at Design Miami/Base…l
- Zimoun installs motorised wooden seesaws… inside Austrian church
- Pinch&Grind by Roger Arquer for Royal VK…B
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talk: Fabio Novemb…re transcript
- Heath Nash at Design Indaba
- La Chance launches at MOST
- Modus Operandi by Matylda Krzykowski
- E8 furniture by Mathias Hahn for Zeitrau…m
- Behind the scenes with Dominic Wilcox ma…king his "stained-glass driverless car"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories