American designer Paul Loebach has created a series of three saggy-looking vases made of solid wood.
The vases are CNC machined from solid maple in two halves and then joined.
The project was presented at Spazio Rossana Orlandi in Milan earlier this year.
Here's further information from the designer:
An experiment in wood construction and CNC machining.
Blocks of solid maple are milled in two separate halves and joined together with an accentuated ‘parting line’, articulating the profile of the polymorphic shapes.
Approx 6 x 6 x 10 in / 15 x 15 x 25 cm
Machined Solid Maple
- Design Museum Collection App: lights
- The Secret Life of cars by BMW
- Tom Dixon launches "minimal and geomet…ric" Plane light collection
- Morrison, Meda, Irvine and IDEO for Ol…ivetti
- Trylletromler wooden installation that… looks like a maze by FABRIC
- Overground by DZHUS
- In Case of Riot by Max Arlestig and Ma…ximilian Gebhardt
- Copper Lamp 10kg by Tobias Sieber and …Samuel Treindl
- Oogst 1000 Wonderland by Tjep.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories