Watch designer Crispin Jones of Mr Jones Watches has designed a new model without numbers and hands.
The Cyclops watch has a black hoop that passes around a dial marked with coloured circles and has "a relaxed kind of accuracy that offers a counterpoint to our hectic modern lives," according to Jones.
See all our stories about watches and clocks in our special category.
Here's some info from the designer:
Cyclops dispenses with a conventional arrangement of hour, minute and second hands; instead a single hour marker passes around the coloured dial. Each hour is represented by a different coloured circle, the black hoop gradually passes over each circle to indicate the time.
Cyclops can be read with a relaxed kind of accuracy that offers a counterpoint to our hectic modern lives.
Cyclops is part of our third limited edition series. These watches are produced in a run of 100 pieces, each numbered on the back of the case and signed by the designer Crispin Jones on the insert card. We aim to produce a limited edition series each year and to take one or two models from each series into our permanent collection.
Each watch comes in a MJW presentation box with a specially commissioned artwork by Debbie Smyth. Inside the box you'll find the guarantee card - every watch is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of purchase against any original manufacturing defect.
Case: Stainless steel
Strap: Stainless steel
Width (3 o'clock to 9 o'clock): 37mm
Height (from lug to lug): 46mm
Mechanism: Single jewel quartz mechanism
Guarantee: 12 months
- Dervish by Item for Innermost
- Fifti-fifti's Spring simplifies the ward…robe into a wall-mounted clothes rail
- Smoke by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
- Kine Solberg's window panels made with l…enses create distorted views
- Papa de Tenerife Packaging by Héctor Se…rrano
- Fionda chair by Jasper Morrison for Matt…iazzi
- Virtureal by Jelte van Abbema
- KDDI shows new Fukasawa prototype
- Post Fossil at 21_21 Design Sight
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories