The floors and walls are covered with images of leaves, of varying size and clarity, intended to evoke the effect of a camera zooming in and focusing.
More Dezeen stories about Nendo:
Collar and Hexagon
Meguro office space
New tables by BarberOsgerby and Nendo for Capellini
Illoiha Omotesando climbing wall
Photographs are by Jimmy Cohrssen.
Here's some text from Nendo:
Fashion brand ASOBIO's first storefront shop, a spacious bi-level interior with a generous opening.
The shop's theme is 'focus', so we positioned monotone photographs on the floor and walls, and varied the size to imitate the effect of a camera’s zoom lens, and the sharpness to recall the sense of being out of focus.
These effects enhance the space with depth and continuity, provide variety and make the products on display stand out by appearing 'in focus' in contrast to the shop's own patterns.
- Luisaviaroma store by Claudio Nardi Arch…itects
- Truth Coffee by Haldane Martin
- Shumis pizzeria by Studio OPA
- Zecc Architecten transforms an old water… tower into a parkland observation point
- Movie: Skyhouse by David Hotson and Ghis…laine Viñas
- Apartment in Moscow by Peter Kostelov
- Two Magpies Bakery by Paul Crofts Studio
- Pop-up design shop by i29 creates a hall… of mirrors in an 18th-century building
- Power Office by i29 and Eckhardt & Leeuw…enstein
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories