Japanese design company Nendo have created a speaker shaped like a bird cage.
Called Music Cage, the speakers can play music from a computer over a wireless connection or from a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone.
Music Cage can be plugged into a wall socket or mounted on the ceiling.
More Dezeen stories about Nendo:
ASOBIO shop by Nendo
Collar and Hexagon
Meguro office space
New tables by BarberOsgerby and Nendo for Capellini
Illoiha Omotesando climbing wall
Photographs are by Masayuki Hayashi.
Here is some more text from Nendo:
A wireless speaker that allows you to listen to music from a computer or Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone without cluttering a room with wires or cords.
Music-cage can attach to a ceiling-mounted electrical socket for light fixtures. You can also plug it into a wall socket for power, and attach it to our original floor or table stand to relax with music, just like birdsong from a birdcage.
- Prints by Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Super… Store
- Aalto University students design chairs …from bright blue plywood
- Baum by Study O Portable
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
- I nibbled Britain out of Jaffa Cakes by …Dominic Wilcox
- OMA's furniture collection for Knoll "tu…rns industry into a fetish"
- Il Coccio Design Edition by Giulio Iacch…etti and others
- Stack of utensils crafted in India forms… Cheese Maker by Studio Makkink & Bey
- OLPC XO-3 by fuseproject
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories