Japanese design company Nendo have created a speaker shaped like a bird cage.
Called Music Cage, the speakers can play music from a computer over a wireless connection or from a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone.
Music Cage can be plugged into a wall socket or mounted on the ceiling.
More Dezeen stories about Nendo:
ASOBIO shop by Nendo
Collar and Hexagon
Meguro office space
New tables by BarberOsgerby and Nendo for Capellini
Illoiha Omotesando climbing wall
Photographs are by Masayuki Hayashi.
Here is some more text from Nendo:
A wireless speaker that allows you to listen to music from a computer or Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone without cluttering a room with wires or cords.
Music-cage can attach to a ceiling-mounted electrical socket for light fixtures. You can also plug it into a wall socket for power, and attach it to our original floor or table stand to relax with music, just like birdsong from a birdcage.
- "Design and architecture has been a key …influence" says COS managing director
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Woodware by Max Lamb at Gallery Fumi
- Trio stool by Mile
- Bottle watch is based on "graphic folly …that intrigued me" says Sam Hecht
- Rooftop hangar by TDO provides launchpad… for James Bridle's surveillance balloon
- Modernist London cards and BT Tower prin…t by Stefi Orazi at Dezeen Super Store
- Westminster BA Fashion 2013 collection b…y Philli Wood
- Menu's homeware collection avoids "anyth…ing crazy coloured or hyper trendy"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories