Japanese design company Nendo have created a speaker shaped like a bird cage.
Called Music Cage, the speakers can play music from a computer over a wireless connection or from a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone.
Music Cage can be plugged into a wall socket or mounted on the ceiling.
More Dezeen stories about Nendo:
ASOBIO shop by Nendo
Collar and Hexagon
Meguro office space
New tables by BarberOsgerby and Nendo for Capellini
Illoiha Omotesando climbing wall
Photographs are by Masayuki Hayashi.
Here is some more text from Nendo:
A wireless speaker that allows you to listen to music from a computer or Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone without cluttering a room with wires or cords.
Music-cage can attach to a ceiling-mounted electrical socket for light fixtures. You can also plug it into a wall socket for power, and attach it to our original floor or table stand to relax with music, just like birdsong from a birdcage.
- Bag Stools by Gitta Gschwendtner
- 009 Croquet Shelving by Michael Marriott… for Very Good & Proper
- CU29 chair by Tom Dixon
- Biennale Interieur 2014 aims to provide …"a deeper insight into what design means"
- Art commissions at Heathrow Terminal Fiv…e
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
- Wolplamuur by Heleen Klopper
- Chimney by Benjamin Hubert for Viaduct
- Tip of the Tongue by Michael Anastassiad…es
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories