Called Ghost Stories, New Designs from Nendo, the show features new pieces displayed on white plinths.
Each platform is surrounded by white, circular stickers with a diametre of five milimetres, intended to give the impression that the plinths are melting into the floor.
The exhibition continues until 10 January 2010.
See all our stories about Nendo in our special category.
Here's some text from Nendo:
An exhibition at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York, featuring four new designs. Long rectangular slashes of windows run around the walls and ceiling of the gallery space we were given.
We decided not to build any walls that would keep visitors from enjoying the windows and the changing light that filters into the gallery.
The products, along with samples that convey a sense of the production process sit on pre-existing white stands, surrounded by small, 5mm-diameter white stickers affixed to the floor around them.
The stickers provide a gradation effect, as though the stands are melting into the larger space. The overall effect of the installation design is to maintain the space's specificity, while intensifying the presence of each new work.
"Ghost Stories, New Designs from Nendo" at Museum of Arts and Design in New York until January 10th, 2010.
- Designers reinterpret Ron Arad's Tom Vac… chair
- Dewar Glassware by David Derksen
- Designed in Hackney: Crystal Bulb by Lee… Broom
- Concept Kitchen by Kilian Schindler for …Naber
- .ORI sto by Jakub Piotr Kalinowski
- Norse chair by Simon Pengelly for Modus
- Kristina Dam designs pale oak furniture …to incorporate plants
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: up to 40…% off LunaTik watches
- Chair-4a by Michael Young
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories