This month's top ten features Dezeen's most popular stories about churches, starting with this concrete project in Foligno, Italy, by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas Architects.
2: at number two is this wooden shingle-clad church by Polish designers Beton, located in a small village overlooking the Vistula.
3: occupying the number three slot is the Farewell Chapel by Slovenian practice OFIS Arhitekti near Ljubljana in Slovenia.
4: fourth most popular is Dove of Peace by Beijing studio Sunlay Design, a church designed for Ordos in Inner Mongolia that has a plan based on a bird in flight.
5: fifth most popular is Sta Columbine Chapel in Bragança, Portugal, designed by architect Luis Ferreira Rodrigues of Porto.
6: the renovation of the Lumen United Reformed Church in London by Theis and Khan Architects comes in sixth.
7: next up is a competition-winning design for a new Macedonian Orthodox church for Zagreb by Croatian architects Bif-Studio.
8: eighth place goes to Czech designer Maxim Velcovsky for this church interior refurbishment in Eastern Bohemia, using customised design classics, rugs and chandeliers.
9: ninth is the reconstruction of a Catholic Church in Geroldswil near Zürich by Swiss architects Stemmle Architekten.
10: finally, our tenth most popular story about a church is Providence Chapel in Wiltshire, England, by Jonathan Tuckey Design.
That's it for now. Another top ten coming up next month.
Dezeen's review of 2009
Dezeen's top ten: Dubai projects
Dezeen’s top ten: lighting
Dezeen’s top ten: watches and clocks
Dezeen’s top ten: cardboard projects
Dezeen’s top ten: shops
Dezeen’s top ten: schools
Dezeen’s top ten: pavilions
Dezeen’s top ten: hotels
Dezeen’s top ten: animals
Dezeen’s 2008 review
Dezeen’s top ten: glamorous girls
Dezeen’s top ten: Japanese projects
Dezeen’s top ten: student projects
Dezeen’s top ten: interiors
Dezeen’s top ten: stories with most comments
Dezeen’s top ten: Milan 2008
Dezeen’s top ten: houses
Dezeen’s top ten: skyscrapers
Top ten Dezeen stories from December 2007
Most popular stories during our first twelve months
- Dachi Papuashvili's cross-shaped micro h…ome would be built from overlapping containers
- National Arboretum in Canberra boasts po…inted pavilion and curvy visitor centre
- Tammo Prinz's conceptual skyscraper woul…d be built from tessellating modules
- Flowerbed Hotel by MVRDV
- Contaminar Arquitectos divides Texugueir…a House into a row of three blocks
- PINC Pavilion by Clínica de Arquitectur…a
- BIG unveils looping "snail" house design…ed for a car collector
- Atelier ARS screens Mexican house behind… stone wall and latticework
- Ring Dome Milan by Minsuk Cho/Mass Studi…es
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories