Designaffairs Studio of Germany have designed a conceptual hearing aid that forms a flesh tunnel through the wearer's earlobe.
Called Deafinite Style, the design aims to improve the wearer's confidence by making the device look like a piece of jewellery. It could be made more powerful with the addition of a plug.
Here is some more information from Designaffairs studio:
Rising self-confidence is taking prostheses to another level. People don’t try to hide their handicap anymore. Show what you‘ve got, don’t make a fuss about your problem. Wear your hearing aid like a piece of jewelry, a stylish accessory. Be individual, be cool, be yourself. Hearing aid is made for customers with a medium level of hearing disability. In case of a severe hearing damage one could order the PLUG which contents a more powerful system.
At Designaffairs STUDIO we are not driven by client work, we develop visions and exciting concepts for daily life scenarios. The studio is formed by a team of professional designers who live to inspire, provoke and head to where no one has been before. We question anything conventional and challenge familiar surroundings with a smile. Our mission is to create a better place beyond expectations.
- Dyslexic Objects win New Designer of the… Year Award 2013
- Dolls by Viktor & Rolf at Studio Job Gal…lery
- London by Hand by Jenni Sparks at Dezeen… Super Store
- Alfa Romeo Centenary Sculpture by Gerry …Judah
- Fiona Paxton at The Temporium
- Chidori Furniture by Kengo Kuma and Asso…ciates
- The Scent of Crystal by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Dezeen at Tokyo Designers Week
- Nested Bunk Beds by Tsai Design Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories