Designaffairs Studio of Germany have designed a conceptual hearing aid that forms a flesh tunnel through the wearer's earlobe.
Called Deafinite Style, the design aims to improve the wearer's confidence by making the device look like a piece of jewellery. It could be made more powerful with the addition of a plug.
Here is some more information from Designaffairs studio:
Rising self-confidence is taking prostheses to another level. People don’t try to hide their handicap anymore. Show what you‘ve got, don’t make a fuss about your problem. Wear your hearing aid like a piece of jewelry, a stylish accessory. Be individual, be cool, be yourself. Hearing aid is made for customers with a medium level of hearing disability. In case of a severe hearing damage one could order the PLUG which contents a more powerful system.
At Designaffairs STUDIO we are not driven by client work, we develop visions and exciting concepts for daily life scenarios. The studio is formed by a team of professional designers who live to inspire, provoke and head to where no one has been before. We question anything conventional and challenge familiar surroundings with a smile. Our mission is to create a better place beyond expectations.
- Smart Highway by Studio Roosegaarde
- Nendo collection by Nendo for Bisazza …Bagno
- Eileen Gray was "disappointed that she… was forgotten" - Zeev Aram
- Shih-Yen Lo's desktop tools offer simp…le ways to cut-out complex shapes
- The Skullmate by Luke Twigger
- Lockheed Chair by Riot & Sollier
- Matilda 2011 at designjunction
- Pangenerator's installation of translu…cent pyramids flashes in waves of light
- Raw Edges installs dye-soaked wooden f…loor across 19th-century sculpture gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories