Designaffairs Studio of Germany have designed a conceptual hearing aid that forms a flesh tunnel through the wearer's earlobe.
Called Deafinite Style, the design aims to improve the wearer's confidence by making the device look like a piece of jewellery. It could be made more powerful with the addition of a plug.
Here is some more information from Designaffairs studio:
Rising self-confidence is taking prostheses to another level. People don’t try to hide their handicap anymore. Show what you‘ve got, don’t make a fuss about your problem. Wear your hearing aid like a piece of jewelry, a stylish accessory. Be individual, be cool, be yourself. Hearing aid is made for customers with a medium level of hearing disability. In case of a severe hearing damage one could order the PLUG which contents a more powerful system.
At Designaffairs STUDIO we are not driven by client work, we develop visions and exciting concepts for daily life scenarios. The studio is formed by a team of professional designers who live to inspire, provoke and head to where no one has been before. We question anything conventional and challenge familiar surroundings with a smile. Our mission is to create a better place beyond expectations.
- BS Toy plates by Boguslaw Sliwiński
- A3 Animals by Michael Schoner
- Clouds by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Another Geography by Kimihiko Okada
- Creatures, Corona and Pacis by Nigel Coa…tes for Slamp
- BleepBleeps launches parenting devices t…hat look like toys
- Magnifying spoon designed to detect cont…aminants in food
- Epilepsy aid uses wearable sensors to pr…edict seizures and call for help
- Silent Machine by Eunjae Lee
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories