Designaffairs Studio of Germany have designed a conceptual hearing aid that forms a flesh tunnel through the wearer's earlobe.
Called Deafinite Style, the design aims to improve the wearer's confidence by making the device look like a piece of jewellery. It could be made more powerful with the addition of a plug.
Here is some more information from Designaffairs studio:
Rising self-confidence is taking prostheses to another level. People don’t try to hide their handicap anymore. Show what you‘ve got, don’t make a fuss about your problem. Wear your hearing aid like a piece of jewelry, a stylish accessory. Be individual, be cool, be yourself. Hearing aid is made for customers with a medium level of hearing disability. In case of a severe hearing damage one could order the PLUG which contents a more powerful system.
At Designaffairs STUDIO we are not driven by client work, we develop visions and exciting concepts for daily life scenarios. The studio is formed by a team of professional designers who live to inspire, provoke and head to where no one has been before. We question anything conventional and challenge familiar surroundings with a smile. Our mission is to create a better place beyond expectations.
- General Woodwork Bench by Roger Arquer f…or the Stepney Green Design Collection
- The Fragility of Time by Ignacio Canales… Aracil
- Companions by Studioilse for De La Espad…a
- New projects by Katrin Olina
- Grasshopper by Wieki Somers for Tectona
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vide…o diary day 3
- Sandwichbike flat-pack wooden bicycle by… PedalFactory goes into production
- I Love Copyright by e-glue
- Insect-infused Jungle Bars are boosted w…ith powdered cricket protein
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories