Swedish designers Note Design Studio have tried to recreate the excitement of Spanish bull-fighting at a cafe in Stockholm.
Called Cafè Foam, the interior is divided by sheer red curtains and has wide bands of colour slashing across the walls and floor.
Photographs are by Stefano Barozzi.
The text below is from Note Design Studio:
Café Foam Interior Design
”We want you to create an interior design that people either love or hate and that nobody is indifferent to!” was the conditions given to us by the owner Michael Toutoungi when we started working with Café Foam.
We began searching for extremes where passion and hate were equally present.
Our entrance to the project became the complexity around bull fighting as a phenomenon.
We were fascinated by the bull and bullfighter´s mutual movements and the directions in the battle. This struggle along with the materials and colours at the stadium were the inspiration when designing the new Café Foam.
We allowed the Spanish temperament to meet the Scandinavian coolness and the inspiration from the bullfighter´s movements across the arena led us to create a design that is reminiscent of Baertling´s lines.
There were also two other important factors while creating the design.
The first was to keep certain well-known elements from the previous interior to make regulars feel right at home and the second was creating a vivid environment that made meetings easier, protected the integrity of its costumers and enhanced the eating experience. A place for everybody.
- Viennese apartment with pretend skylig…hts by Alex Graef
- Baker D Chirico by March Studio
- Decode: Digital Design Sensations at t…he V&A
- Miles and Miles of Sticky Tape by Moni…ka Grzymala
- Shade by Simon Heijdens
- Flinders Lane Apartment by Clare Cousi…ns features a timber box of bedrooms and storage
- Amin Taha Architects peels back layers… of plasterboard to create open-plan offices
- Yusuke Seki's second kimono store pair…s patterned fabrics with raw materials
- "I think they're weird; they think I'm… weird" - Hella Jongerius
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories