Swedish designers Front have created a lamp shade where circular holes in the reflective inner layer project spots of light onto the outer diffuser.
Called Shadow and Light, the design is produced by Italian brand Porro.
It is on show at Villa Necchi Campiglio in Milan from today.
Here are more projects by Front on Dezeen:
Out of The Box for Veuve Clicquot (April 27th, 2009)
Furniture for Moroso (March 19th, 2009)
Randomly Crystallised vase for Swarovski (April 23rd, 2008)
Shade Project (April 21st, 2008)
Speed-dating dinner at Nordic Light Hotel (February 9th 2008)
Installation at Nordic Light Hotel (February 5th 2008)
Front win Designer of the Future Award (May 22nd, 2007)
The Magic Collection (July 11th, 2007)
Camouflage light for Zero (May 14th, 2007)
Changing Vase for Chocolate Exhibition (April 22nd, 2007)
Changing Cupboard at Spazio Rossana Orlandi (April 21st, 2007)
Front talk at Design Indaba (February 22nd 2007)
The text below is from Porro:
SHADOW LIGHT- The perforations in the reflector decorates the lampshade with light patterns.
Light games, a touch of magic and the enchanted atmospheres of Swedish nights: these are the features of the new “Shadow Light” lamp designed by the scandinavian design team Front for Porro.
It is available in a floor option with a slim white stem and in a hanging version, ideal as a light above a dining or meeting table. It has a clean, minimal design when turned off, that reflects the Porrro philosophy. Shadow Light is characterized by a particular “double skin” lampshade, an external white diffuser that conceals a white semi-dome, studded inside with holes of various diameters, for a system of shadows and multiple reflections.
The lamp, once turned on, is covered with dots, projecting throughout the room a fun and charming dotted motif. Shadow Light is available with white diffuser and white varnished metal structure.
- Hilla Shamia casts tree trunks with molt…en aluminium to form furniture
- Inflatable furniture by Philipp Beisheim…
- Yves Behar moves towards the connected g…arden with Edyn
- OMA's furniture collection for Knoll "tu…rns industry into a fetish"
- Postcarden by A Studio for Design
- 3D scanning will be used to create "uniq…ue fitted clothing"
- Martino Gamper curates exhibition at the… Serpentine Sackler Gallery
- Recent work by Kelly McCallum
- Our Little White Sofa by Christian Vivan…co
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories