Called Scratch, the brand offers one box per meal containing raw ingredients that have already been chopped, washed and weighed by hand.
The concept and branding was originally created in 2009 by London agency Brandy.
Here's some more information from the designer:
Scratch is a small food company making it easier for busy Londoners to cook from… scratch. We make fresh meal kits. A box of all the fresh, uncooked ingredients – chopped, washed and weighed – and instructions to cook your meal from scratch. The meals are for one and cook in around 20 minutes with one or two pans.
Many nights resorting to microwave meals, left over ingredients after cooking and spaghetti bolognese week on week brought about the concept of a fresh meal kit, so you can cook a healthy meal in the time in take's for a pizza to be delivered. Our current menu is a vegetable red thai curry, a Moroccan chicken tagine, a Crayfish, tomato and feta pasta and Chicken and chorizo Jambalaya. All the ingredients are sourced locally and the meals are prepared by hand.
The packaging design features a transparent tray made from RPET, which acts as a window for all the fresh ingredients. Also features a Kraft sleeve around the tray with a clear brand identity, product information and the instructions on the reverse. Meals are currently being sold at a few retailers across London including The Grocery in Shoreditch and Selfridges Food Hall.
- Losanges by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
- Naoko Kanehira at New Designers
- Movie: Erwan Bouroullec on his favourite… project ever at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Mirror Chairs by Kai Linke
- Scale watches by Nendo mark the time wit…h ruler increments
- Two ceramic cones form Mia table lamp by… Federica Bubani
- Analogia Project and Alessio Sarri shape… vases with explosives
- Marija Puipaitė shapes Embracing Touch …seats with the outline of her legs
- Outrace by Kram/Weisshaar for Trafalgar …Square
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories