Israeli designer Itay Laniado has designed a collapsible ladder held together by a strap under tension.
The strap is tightened with a ratchet and forms two rungs of the ladder once assembled.
A loop in the strap acts as a handle once collapsed.
"The ladder is a tension system that relays on the ratchet to hold it, no screws or glue involved," says Laniado. "The ladder is also collapsible: it can be disassembled and assembled in a more compact way."
- Endless by Dirk Vander Kooij at DMY Berl…in
- Pylon by Marcus Abrahamsson and Kristoff…er Fagerström for Nola
- Joel Karlsson designs pebble-shaped pend…ant lights for Örsjö Belysning
- FID celebrates native Italian material w…ith Terracotta Everyday collection
- Temporary Trees by Raw Color and Mkgk
- Il Hoon Roh weaves carbon fibre string i…nto curved armchair
- What Can You Bring to the Table by stude…nts from Lund University
- Ikepod wristwatches by Marc Newson
- Successful Living by Diesel Creative Tea…m and Foscarini
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories