Israeli designer Itay Laniado has designed a collapsible ladder held together by a strap under tension.
The strap is tightened with a ratchet and forms two rungs of the ladder once assembled.
A loop in the strap acts as a handle once collapsed.
"The ladder is a tension system that relays on the ratchet to hold it, no screws or glue involved," says Laniado. "The ladder is also collapsible: it can be disassembled and assembled in a more compact way."
- Kine Solberg's window panels made with l…enses create distorted views
- Concrete collection by Matali Crasset fo…r Concrete by LCDA
- Scholten & Baijings cut graphic patterns… into glassware for J Hill's Standard
- Vases by Simon Hasan
- Hanayui by Takaya
- Peak Oil by Charlie Davidson
- L-INK lamp poster by Jean-Sébastien Lag…range
- Snag by Patrick Frey and Markus Boge
- Modular by Marina Bautier
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories