Israeli designer Itay Laniado has designed a collapsible ladder held together by a strap under tension.
The strap is tightened with a ratchet and forms two rungs of the ladder once assembled.
A loop in the strap acts as a handle once collapsed.
"The ladder is a tension system that relays on the ratchet to hold it, no screws or glue involved," says Laniado. "The ladder is also collapsible: it can be disassembled and assembled in a more compact way."
- Concrete Things by Komplot for Nola
- Daniel Buren installs mirrors and colour…ed glass on Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse rooftop
- Paper Vase by Pepe Heykoop
- Cornell Boxes by Alison Smithson for Tec…ta
- Francis Bitonti and New Skins Workshop s…tudents 3D-print flexible dress on a MakerBot
- Hulger launches second design for Plumen… designer low-energy light bulb
- Crush by Fredrikson Stallard at David Gi…ll Galleries
- Ice Moon by Doshi Levien for Häagen-Daz…s
- Adidas launches Springblade Razor traine…rs with soles made of curved pads
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories