Israeli designer Itay Laniado has designed a collapsible ladder held together by a strap under tension.
The strap is tightened with a ratchet and forms two rungs of the ladder once assembled.
A loop in the strap acts as a handle once collapsed.
"The ladder is a tension system that relays on the ratchet to hold it, no screws or glue involved," says Laniado. "The ladder is also collapsible: it can be disassembled and assembled in a more compact way."
- Grip Torch by Alexander Taylor for Pra…xis
- Cryptographer & Encoded Textiles by Ra…w Color
- Dezeen Super Store is now open!
- Martino Gamper plays with perspective …for Prada window installations
- Nine of the best rain-inspired designs
- SHY Light by Bec Brittain
- Lego-inspired modular structures resto…re damaged coral reefs
- M3 Chair by Thomas Feichtner
- In Here, for This by Krijn de Koning
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories