Israeli designer Itay Laniado has designed a collapsible ladder held together by a strap under tension.
The strap is tightened with a ratchet and forms two rungs of the ladder once assembled.
A loop in the strap acts as a handle once collapsed.
"The ladder is a tension system that relays on the ratchet to hold it, no screws or glue involved," says Laniado. "The ladder is also collapsible: it can be disassembled and assembled in a more compact way."
- Helga Mogensen and Berglind Gunnarsdótt…ir at DesignMarch
- Bruggenhoofd Chabot by Snodevormgevers
- dezeen loves... Marc Owens' Receipt Cloc…k
- Clock by Christiaan Postma
- Food Huggers by Adrienne McNicholas and …Michelle Ivankovic
- SP-7 Dining Table by Schwab/Panther
- Dezeen Screen: Confluences and Entailles… at Ligne Roset Westend
- 100% Inspiration: Andy Martin
- Dezeen loves... Bitfall
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories