Israeli designer Itay Laniado has designed a collapsible ladder held together by a strap under tension.
The strap is tightened with a ratchet and forms two rungs of the ladder once assembled.
A loop in the strap acts as a handle once collapsed.
"The ladder is a tension system that relays on the ratchet to hold it, no screws or glue involved," says Laniado. "The ladder is also collapsible: it can be disassembled and assembled in a more compact way."
- "There's a real reason to invest in New …York's design sector"
- Emmanuel Babled for Priveekollektie
- Borselius attempts to perfect traditiona…l street lighting with Halo
- Slow White Series by Bo Reudler
- Cherry Tree by Tom Price
- Soft Parcel by TAF
- "I try to make new forms of life," says …Strandbeests creator Theo Jansen
- Patricia Urquiola straps cushions to Rol…l chair for Kettal
- Nike Vapor Laser Talon 3D printed footba…ll boot studs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories