Called Pilke, the light shades are made of identical plywood cutouts, which interlock to form a three-dimensional shape.
The shades slot together and don't require any tools or adhesives to assemble.
The collection includes two different designs that come in white, black or beige.
Here's some more information from the designer:
Skandium launches PILKE from Showroom Finland, designed by Industrial designer Tuukka Halonen. PILKE pendant lamps are entirely made in Finland and assembled by local craftsmen.
The Shades are constructed of identical interlocking parts, no tools are required on assembly.
The Lights are suited for energy saving light bulbs only. The material is ply birchwood and they come in two sizes - 36cm and 60cm.
- Heroes at Křehký Gallery
- Design Talks at Design Miami 08: transcr…ipts
- 4foldlow by George Rice for Formtank
- Thomas Feichtner sculpts chair from carb…on-fibre sheets
- Déjà Vu by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- "The grid is the underwear of the book" …- Massimo Vignelli
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Tom Dixon
- "There's never been a better time for Ne…w York design"
- Clip, Stamp, Fold: The Radical Architec…ture of Little Magazines, at the Architectural Association
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories