Called Pilke, the light shades are made of identical plywood cutouts, which interlock to form a three-dimensional shape.
The shades slot together and don't require any tools or adhesives to assemble.
The collection includes two different designs that come in white, black or beige.
Here's some more information from the designer:
Skandium launches PILKE from Showroom Finland, designed by Industrial designer Tuukka Halonen. PILKE pendant lamps are entirely made in Finland and assembled by local craftsmen.
The Shades are constructed of identical interlocking parts, no tools are required on assembly.
The Lights are suited for energy saving light bulbs only. The material is ply birchwood and they come in two sizes - 36cm and 60cm.
- Bullet Collection by Studio Itai Bar-On …and Oded Webman
- Contemplating Monolithic Design by Sony …and BarberOsgerby
- Maxime Loiseau's streamlined headphones …feature printed electronics
- Dezeen’s top ten: shoes
- Heinz Mack installs towering golden colu…mns on a Venetian island
- The School of Life by Susanna Edwards
- Marc Newson named Designer of the Year
- Clerkenwell Design Week 2013 movie
- 10 architecture and design exhibitions w…e're looking forward to in 2015
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories