Called Pilke, the light shades are made of identical plywood cutouts, which interlock to form a three-dimensional shape.
The shades slot together and don't require any tools or adhesives to assemble.
The collection includes two different designs that come in white, black or beige.
Here's some more information from the designer:
Skandium launches PILKE from Showroom Finland, designed by Industrial designer Tuukka Halonen. PILKE pendant lamps are entirely made in Finland and assembled by local craftsmen.
The Shades are constructed of identical interlocking parts, no tools are required on assembly.
The Lights are suited for energy saving light bulbs only. The material is ply birchwood and they come in two sizes - 36cm and 60cm.
- 80 Sheets of Mountains by Nendo
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Clinton Sheldo…n
- Thermal Till Paper Vessels by Philippe M…alouin
- Design Art London 2007
- Sometimes by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Fifti-fifti's Spring simplifies the ward…robe into a wall-mounted clothes rail
- Normann Copenhagen launches Form furnitu…re by Simon Legald
- New Amsterdam Chair by UNStudio for Wild…e + Spieth
- NLXL Lab launches one-off wallpaper patt…erns by designers including Piet Hein Eek
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories