Called Pilke, the light shades are made of identical plywood cutouts, which interlock to form a three-dimensional shape.
The shades slot together and don't require any tools or adhesives to assemble.
The collection includes two different designs that come in white, black or beige.
Here's some more information from the designer:
Skandium launches PILKE from Showroom Finland, designed by Industrial designer Tuukka Halonen. PILKE pendant lamps are entirely made in Finland and assembled by local craftsmen.
The Shades are constructed of identical interlocking parts, no tools are required on assembly.
The Lights are suited for energy saving light bulbs only. The material is ply birchwood and they come in two sizes - 36cm and 60cm.
- Hot Desk by Boys and Girls
- 225 Forest Avenue by Michael Neumann Arc…hitecture
- Osso by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for Mat…tiazzi
- Shreddies underwear that stops farts sme…lling
- Engineering Temporality by Tuomas Markun…poika Tolvanen
- Macula font by Jacques Le Bailly
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze update
- P’9521 mobile phone by Porsche Design
- V01 LED now available at Dezeen Watch St…ore
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories