Lyon designers USIN-e have designed an aquarium in the shape of a test tube.
Called Air3, the aquarium is open at one end, supported by a thin metal stand.
Photographs are by Laure Mélone.
Here's some more information from the designers:
USIN-e is showing a new generation of Airs aquariums. It was on show for the first time at USIN-e’s exhibition, March 2010, in La Bergerie, Marseille.
This aquarium is a glass bubble caught mid-fall by a metal structure. As other Airs models, Air3 was created using the techniques of scientific glassware. Hanging up in the air, Air3 tells us about weight and elevation.
Materials: Glass, metal
Size: diameter 15cm, 80cm X 25cm
Production: AD , Christophe Bailleux
|Air 1 Aquarium by
- Dezeen's 10 biggest architecture and des…ign stories of 2014
- Torafu Architects designs multi-function…al Dice furniture for children and adults
- Pier Fabre suspends red strings over wat…erfall pool for Dripping installation
- Wild flowers complete Spring rings by Ga…hee Kang
- Ronny by Daniel Böttcher for Formverlei…h at Dezeen Super Store
- Zanocchi & Starke combine desktop booken…d and battery-powered lamp
- Snarkitecture's Architectural Camouflage… garments feature subway tiles and marble
- Dezeen podcast: Dieter Rams at the Desig…n Museum
- Inga Sempé's Beau Fixe seating is clamp…ed into shape
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories