Lyon designers USIN-e have designed an aquarium in the shape of a test tube.
Called Air3, the aquarium is open at one end, supported by a thin metal stand.
Photographs are by Laure Mélone.
Here's some more information from the designers:
USIN-e is showing a new generation of Airs aquariums. It was on show for the first time at USIN-e’s exhibition, March 2010, in La Bergerie, Marseille.
This aquarium is a glass bubble caught mid-fall by a metal structure. As other Airs models, Air3 was created using the techniques of scientific glassware. Hanging up in the air, Air3 tells us about weight and elevation.
Materials: Glass, metal
Size: diameter 15cm, 80cm X 25cm
Production: AD , Christophe Bailleux
|Air 1 Aquarium by
- Endoskeletons by Alon Meron
- 9,5° chair by Rasmus B. Fex
- Mrs Hudson by 2-B-2
- Patricia Urquiola designs Mesh outdoor f…urniture collection for Kettal
- Nike Free Trainer 5.0 by Nike
- Piet Hein Eek and Roderick Vos collabora…te with disadvantaged makers for Social Label initiative
- The Front Room: Geometry and Colour
- Painted Rug by Martí Guixé for Nanimar…quina
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories