Lyon designers USIN-e have designed an aquarium in the shape of a test tube.
Called Air3, the aquarium is open at one end, supported by a thin metal stand.
Photographs are by Laure Mélone.
Here's some more information from the designers:
USIN-e is showing a new generation of Airs aquariums. It was on show for the first time at USIN-e’s exhibition, March 2010, in La Bergerie, Marseille.
This aquarium is a glass bubble caught mid-fall by a metal structure. As other Airs models, Air3 was created using the techniques of scientific glassware. Hanging up in the air, Air3 tells us about weight and elevation.
Materials: Glass, metal
Size: diameter 15cm, 80cm X 25cm
Production: AD , Christophe Bailleux
|Air 1 Aquarium by
- "We understand how to bring design pro…ducts to market" says PCH founder
- Nendo adds boat shoes and a crystal ch…ess set to its diverse portfolio
- Ross Lovegrove for KEF 2
- Reddress at York Hall by Company
- Kiosk at SCP by Michael Marriott
- Variations by Stephen Burks for Callig…aris
- NYC gets first Grimshaw bus stop
- Talma chair by Benjamin Hubert for Mor…oso
- Strike Matchboxes by Shane Schneck and… Clara von Zweigbergk for Hay
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories