DMY Berlin 2010: stitch by Dutch designer Pepe Heykoop is a series of second-hand items given new, hand-stitched fabric skins.
Presented at DMY Berlin this weekend, the range includes chairs and lamps.
"Stitch is a family of discarded items found on the street or in the second hand shop," says Heykoop.
"We took care of them. They wear a handstiched skin stuffed with soft fibres. Shape starts to grow."
|Soft Oak by
- Ron Arad is one of few contemporary desi…gners with art collector appeal, says French auctioneer
- First collection from new Dublin design …brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Hellraiser by Karim Rashid for Alessi
- Luminaire and Salvatori
- Wooden Mesh by Diego Vencato
- Häagen-Dazs Cloud ice cream by Front
- ck IN2U bottle by Stephen Burks
- Ron Gilad designs shelves that seem to f…loat in metal frames
- Fashion collection features solar panels… for charging a mobile phone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories