DMY Berlin 2010: stitch by Dutch designer Pepe Heykoop is a series of second-hand items given new, hand-stitched fabric skins.
Presented at DMY Berlin this weekend, the range includes chairs and lamps.
"Stitch is a family of discarded items found on the street or in the second hand shop," says Heykoop.
"We took care of them. They wear a handstiched skin stuffed with soft fibres. Shape starts to grow."
|Soft Oak by
- Marc Newson named Designer of the Year
- Movie: pop-up tattoo parlour at Design M…iami
- VerBien by Yves Béhar
- BUG modular gadgets
- Noir Collection by Barnaby Barford
- "Digital technology will continue to dis…appear"
- Unhidden by Leon Li and Ryan Ran
- Dezeen at SXSW
- Drawers slide along the surface of Marco… Guazzini's Flamingo desk
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories