DMY Berlin 2010: stitch by Dutch designer Pepe Heykoop is a series of second-hand items given new, hand-stitched fabric skins.
Presented at DMY Berlin this weekend, the range includes chairs and lamps.
"Stitch is a family of discarded items found on the street or in the second hand shop," says Heykoop.
"We took care of them. They wear a handstiched skin stuffed with soft fibres. Shape starts to grow."
|Soft Oak by
- Post A Phone by Priestman Goode
- "Technology is going to turn the entire …fashion industry inside out"
- Ripple effect captured in glass-domed li…ghting by Poetic Lab
- 250 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- Flex by Georgi Manassiev
- The Smallest Show in Milan by FOC
- Office KGDVS explores strength of materi…als with prototype furniture
- Moooi launches range of hotel soaps and …shampoos to extend its brand
- Ralph Nauta and Lonneke Gordijn of Desig…n Drift
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories