DMY Berlin 2010: stitch by Dutch designer Pepe Heykoop is a series of second-hand items given new, hand-stitched fabric skins.
Presented at DMY Berlin this weekend, the range includes chairs and lamps.
"Stitch is a family of discarded items found on the street or in the second hand shop," says Heykoop.
"We took care of them. They wear a handstiched skin stuffed with soft fibres. Shape starts to grow."
|Soft Oak by
- Rooftop fish and chip shop by Something …& Son is (slowly) growing its own produce
- Nike combines parts from existing traine…rs to create "SneakerBoot" mash-up
- NikeFuel Station at Boxpark
- Designer Christmas cards
- The Wool Parade by Doshi Levien for Kvad…rat
- Biodegradable fishing nets could prevent… sea mammal deaths
- OLA Table by AKKA
- Dolly by Ross McBride for Normann Copenh…agen
- Alone in a Crowd by Rolf Sachs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories