DMY Berlin 2010: stitch by Dutch designer Pepe Heykoop is a series of second-hand items given new, hand-stitched fabric skins.
Presented at DMY Berlin this weekend, the range includes chairs and lamps.
"Stitch is a family of discarded items found on the street or in the second hand shop," says Heykoop.
"We took care of them. They wear a handstiched skin stuffed with soft fibres. Shape starts to grow."
|Soft Oak by
- SAYL by Yves Béhar for Herman Miller
- In Flakes by Mount Fuji Architects Studi…o
- Lifelike Design by Kwangho Lee at Huntin…g and Collecting
- Marc Thorpe reimagines garden vine to cr…eate steel table
- Analog Digital Clock iPhone app by Maart…en Baas
- Tilt furniture by Tina Schmid
- Featured designer: Yves Béhar
- Atelier Book Chair by Kana Nakanishi
- Ross Lovegrove for KnollStudio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories