Called Sputnik, the collection is hand-made and each piece is unique.
Heykoop also presented chairs wrapped in fabric skins (see our earlier story) and was nominated as part of the Jury Selection.
More about Pepe Heykoop on Dezeen:
See all our stories about Berlin 2010 in our special category.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Heykoop:
Sputnik is a papermacheed bubble trapped in a metal frame. The freehand production process determines the shape. The outcome is that they are all a bit different and so become family.
Sputnik carries an energy-saving bulb. Once lit up it reminds you of looking at full moon.
|More from DMY
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Stewy
- Digital Explorers: Discovery at Metropol…itan Works
- Dezeen Platform: AT.AW.
- Swarovski Crystal Palace
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: Dusk Bar by Tom Dixon
- Yuki Yoshikawa accentuates Grain Chair w…ith painted patterns
- Sofa based on a pin cushion by Demeter F…ogarasi
- Roopuppet by Nendo
- Rachel Suming's Eclipse clock tells the …time without hands
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories