Called Sputnik, the collection is hand-made and each piece is unique.
Heykoop also presented chairs wrapped in fabric skins (see our earlier story) and was nominated as part of the Jury Selection.
More about Pepe Heykoop on Dezeen:
See all our stories about Berlin 2010 in our special category.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Heykoop:
Sputnik is a papermacheed bubble trapped in a metal frame. The freehand production process determines the shape. The outcome is that they are all a bit different and so become family.
Sputnik carries an energy-saving bulb. Once lit up it reminds you of looking at full moon.
|More from DMY
- Ostrich Pillow Mini by Studio Banana Thi…ngs enables napping on the go
- Cod Collection by Kria
- Paper Pulp Helmet by Tom Gottelier, Bobb…y Petersen and Ed Thomas
- Color Box by Henriette W. Leth for Norma…nn Copenhagen
- School Gym 704 by H Arquitectes
- Google Glass was designed through "sketc…hing by hand" says lead designer
- Receipt redesign by BERG
- Blickfang designworkshop: curators
- Simple Convenience iron by Laura Nelson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories