Called Sputnik, the collection is hand-made and each piece is unique.
Heykoop also presented chairs wrapped in fabric skins (see our earlier story) and was nominated as part of the Jury Selection.
More about Pepe Heykoop on Dezeen:
See all our stories about Berlin 2010 in our special category.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Heykoop:
Sputnik is a papermacheed bubble trapped in a metal frame. The freehand production process determines the shape. The outcome is that they are all a bit different and so become family.
Sputnik carries an energy-saving bulb. Once lit up it reminds you of looking at full moon.
|More from DMY
- Coiled by BCXSY for Editions in Craft
- Merel Witteman's Aversive Aesthetics pho…tos are designed to trigger disgust
- Design Department Store at SCP
- Bags by Maam Project
- Bernard Chair by Jonas Lindvall
- Jasper Morrison designs Kali chair to fu…nd African orphanage
- Cat Mckee at New Designers
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 2
- Moustache launches in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories