Called Sputnik, the collection is hand-made and each piece is unique.
Heykoop also presented chairs wrapped in fabric skins (see our earlier story) and was nominated as part of the Jury Selection.
More about Pepe Heykoop on Dezeen:
See all our stories about Berlin 2010 in our special category.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Heykoop:
Sputnik is a papermacheed bubble trapped in a metal frame. The freehand production process determines the shape. The outcome is that they are all a bit different and so become family.
Sputnik carries an energy-saving bulb. Once lit up it reminds you of looking at full moon.
|More from DMY
- Dune by Rainer Mutsch
- Balloon Swing proposed for New York park
- Dezeen archive: hair
- Training Dresser by Peter Bristol
- Branch Out by Studiomama for TEN
- Blooming Structures by Sivan Royz
- Arne Jacobsen Station and Roman watches …at Dezeen Watch Store
- Hardcoded Memory by Troika
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collectio…n 1
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories