Called Carro Lungi, the cart was created especially to display the collection at Parmar's Madrid store.
Each garment is fabricated from the 2 metre-long pieces of fabric, called lungis.
Ciszak Dalmas consists of designers Alberto Gobbino Ciszak and Andrea Caruso Dalmas, based in Madrid and Turin.
Here's some more information from Ciszak Dalmas:
Hand crafted chart for Lungi collection re-appropriating objects and situations from everyday life. The project was designed for the Lungi collection which questions about sustainability encouraging artisans and communities to continue their age-old crafts. The collection sources lungis, a traditional Tamil Nadu 2 meters long fabric from South India. (ww.raasta.com.es)
Ciszak Dalmas is a young Madrid and Turin - based studio, co-founded by industrial designers Alberto Gobbino Ciszak and Andrea Caruso Dalmas in 2009, developing projects in the fields of design and communication. They graduated in 2005 from Industrial Design (BA) at the Politecnico di Torino. They worked as industrial designers in Paris at the Inga Sempé studio, in Milan at lighting manufacturer Artemide, in Torino at architecture studio Brh+, and design firm Pininfarina Extra.
by Doung Anwar Jahangeer
|Global Street Food
by Mike Meiré
and Yukuta by NOI
- Ron Arad: No Discipline at MOMA
- Sur les Rivages by Aïssa Logerot and Am…andine Chhor
- Timeless Objects by Boym Partners
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on his design …for the Olympic cauldron
- More from Stuart Haygarth
- Moooi launches range of hotel soaps and …shampoos to extend its brand
- Symbiosis by Jelte van Abbema
- Mixx by Matthias Demacker for Area DeCli…c
- Deafinite Style by Designaffairs Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories