Called Carro Lungi, the cart was created especially to display the collection at Parmar's Madrid store.
Each garment is fabricated from the 2 metre-long pieces of fabric, called lungis.
Ciszak Dalmas consists of designers Alberto Gobbino Ciszak and Andrea Caruso Dalmas, based in Madrid and Turin.
Here's some more information from Ciszak Dalmas:
Hand crafted chart for Lungi collection re-appropriating objects and situations from everyday life. The project was designed for the Lungi collection which questions about sustainability encouraging artisans and communities to continue their age-old crafts. The collection sources lungis, a traditional Tamil Nadu 2 meters long fabric from South India. (ww.raasta.com.es)
Ciszak Dalmas is a young Madrid and Turin - based studio, co-founded by industrial designers Alberto Gobbino Ciszak and Andrea Caruso Dalmas in 2009, developing projects in the fields of design and communication. They graduated in 2005 from Industrial Design (BA) at the Politecnico di Torino. They worked as industrial designers in Paris at the Inga Sempé studio, in Milan at lighting manufacturer Artemide, in Torino at architecture studio Brh+, and design firm Pininfarina Extra.
by Doung Anwar Jahangeer
|Global Street Food
by Mike Meiré
and Yukuta by NOI
- Beater by Ding3000 for Normann Copenhage…n
- CF Møller Design creates Ensō architec…tural tableware set
- Telescopic contact lenses zoom in and ou…t with right and left winks
- Constructive Lives by Multistorey
- OpenKnit is an open source 3D-knitting m…achine that creates garments in just one hour
- Lee West launches collection of Modernis…t-inspired brass objects
- Nendo's modular office tables create "ca…sual spaces for standing conversation"
- Mouth Factory by Cheng Guo
- Aalto University students design chairs …from bright blue plywood
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories