Called Andromeda , the lamp has clusters of LEDs embedded at the cross-points of the hard polyurethane foam form.
Mirrors can be repositioned within the structure to reflect the light in different directions.
Here's some more information from Yamagiwa:
ANDROMEDA is an artificial structure for capturing artificial light.
As if some sea creature is floating in the ocean, the light emitted from LED clusters via mirror reflectors within the delineated configuration distributes pure light and shadow.
The LED clusters are embedded in the crossing parts of the very organic Lovegrove structure made of hard polyurethane foam while mirror reflectors are attached with magnet having flexibility in adjusting the desired angles.
ANDROMEDA can be installed in both domestic and public space not only as a lighting fixture but also an object of art creating an impressive ambiance.
H270 x W800 x D460 (total length 600-2000)mm
Steel with painted finish. Hard polyurethane foam. Mirror
LED 1.1W x8.
|More lighting by
|More stories about
- Music Cage by Nendo
- Paper Pulp Helmet by Tom Gottelier, Bobb…y Petersen and Ed Thomas
- The Simple Things by Sara Mellone
- Honken furniture for Blå Station is des…igned to acquire "a beautiful patina of history"
- EXTL pendant lights by David Irwin for D…eadgood
- OpenKnit is an open source 3D-knitting m…achine that creates garments in just one hour
- Fashion collection features solar panels… for charging a mobile phone
- Receipt redesign by BERG
- Firmship 42 by Studio Job
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories