Called Wine & Bar, the set features stoppers in three shapes plus a cork with pouring spout.
Here's some more information from Normann Copenhagen:
Normann Copenhagen presents a series of Wine & Bar accessories in a natural design
Warmth, proximity and humour are the essential features behind Wine & Bar, designed by Aurélien Barbry. Wine & Bar is a complete set of useful wine-related products in an attractive and friendly cork design. The expression is organic, the function clear.
First launch comprises three different wine stoppers and a combined stopper and pourer.
The source of inspiration was traditional wine production, in which cork was used to seal the bottle. Today, other materials are also used. Aurélien Barbry has created an original series of Wine & Bar, which ironically enough are made from cork. Each product has an individual expression. One of the stoppers, for example, takes its shape from a wine glass. At the same time, the different parts create a complete whole.
Aurélien Barbry explains: ” My designs are based on objects in daily use. I redefine their use, and find new shapes and expressions to give new life to the object. Often, when you just drink one glass of wine a day, you lack a decorative, yet functional, stopper for the wine bottle.
I think that it is interesting to use cork, which is an honest material, traditionally used as to seal bottles, for a series of Wine & Bar. For me, cork radiates a warmth and gives the series its natural look. Wine & Bar celebrates both the daily meal table and dinner parties”.
Wine & Bar ensures that the wine bottle is suitably sealed and can be reused repeatedly.
|Nomu by Lee West
- Spinning Light by Benjamin Hubert for Un…ique Copenhagen
- Bel-Air by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Ron Arad adds two sofa designs to Moroso… collection
- Lucy McRae experiments with negative pre…ssure to "prep humans to go to space"
- Serpentine outdoor shower by Tom de Vrie…ze
- Discipline's 2014 collection includes an… apple-shaped desk tidy
- Bosco by Andrea Branzi for Superego
- Crystallization by Iris van Herpen, Dani…el Widrig and .MGX by Materialise
- World Cup 2014 final features "most test…ed" football ever
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories