Patrick de Glo de Besses of Paris has inserted a series of branched arms into this bottle-shaped base to create a candelabra.
Called Funambule, the candle holder can be configured in different ways, depending on how the branches are arranged, to hold between one and twenty five candles.
The product, made of black polyamide, is a play on the way bottles are often used as candle holders.
Funambule is currently on show as part of the "Candélabres: lueurs intimes" exhibition at Granville Gallery, Paris, until 30 December.
Photographs are by Gregory Copitet.
Here's a bit of text from the designer:
Funambule "candelholder design by Patrick de Glo de Besses 2010
Granville Gallery Present an exhibition "Lueurs intimes" ("intimate lights") including "funambule" (tightrope walker) a candelabre designed by Patrick de Glo de Besses. The story of this candelabre is based on the usage of putting a candle on a bottle. Patrick de Glo of Besses adapts a new accessory which allows to transplant it 5 candles.
The play with several accessories, has the time surrealist "cadavre exquis" and "ready-made" allows of numerous conbinaisons 1 to 25 candles. funambule" become alternately minimum and grotesque; rustic and modern; commonplace and poetic; funny and nostalgic. It is a tribute in the simple and daily objects." Funambule is made of manufactured black polyamide
Granville Gallery "Lueurs intimes"
23, rue du Départ 75 014 Paris
6th November 2010 - 30th december 2010
|Rise of Flames by
|The Minerals Collection by Lazerian||United Crystal Woods by Marcel Wanders for Baccarat|
- Sensorial Brushes by Najla El Zein Works…pace are designed to stimulate the skin
- Stamp Cutlery by Tomás Alonso for Itale…sse
- TAF imagines an impossible house with po…sters for Paper Collective
- House of Furniture Parts by Studio Makki…nk & Bey
- Chai Pi Ke Puht cups by Sian Pascale
- Fabrica researchers explore temperature …theme for sensory installation in Milan
- "Working during an economic crisis is qu…ite exciting" - Job Smeets
- Paul Cocksedge transforms Istanbul sea v…iew with installation of colourful circles
- Interview: Jerszy Seymour at Qubique 201…1
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories