These road signs have been installed at three industrial parks in Madrid by Brut Deluxe Architecture + Design of Madrid and Lisbon.
Called Totem de.dos, the illuminated sign posts have a glavanised steel structure, white celular polycarbonate cladding and safety glass roofs.
At night the signs are illuminated from within by white LEDs linked to the local street lamp timers, while galvanised steel steps and walkways inside allow for maintenance.
A map of the industrial district and business listings are printed around the base of each post.
Photographs are by Miguel de Guzmán.
The information that follows is from Brut Deluxe Architecture + Design:
Iconic sign system for industrial areas de/dos, Madrid, December 2010
The sign system for industrial areas de/dos has been conceived in order to guide a visitor, who is not familiar with the site, visually to his destiny in clear and evident way. Therefore, the system employs two types of pedestals.
The objective of the design of the first is to give a recognizable and distinctive image to the industrial areas in order to visualize and identify them from long distance and from any angle of approximation and mark the main access points.
Once located the industrial areas, the pedestal facilitates more detailed graphic information – a map of the area and a list of all companies. This information is repeated on the secondary pedestals strategically located in the interior of each industrial area.
In December 2010 the sign system has been finished to be installed in the first 3 industrials areas of Madrid (Villaverde, Vallecas and Aguacate) with a total of 4 primary pedestals and 27 secondary pedestals.
Autor: Brut Deluxe Architecture + Design www.brutdeluxe.com
Proyecto: 2009 / Obra: dic 2010 (polígonos industriales Villaverde, Vallecas y Aguacate)
Cliente: Ayuntamiento de Madrid
Constructora: Disval S.A.
|Fence for an industrial estate
|Docks en Seine Signage
by Nicolas Vrignaud
by Atelier 9.81
- Federation Island by Erick van Egeraat
- Office in the Woods by SelgasCano
- Francisco Mangado expands a Spanish mu…seum by adding a new building behind a historic facade
- Home.Haus by J Mayer H and Sebastian F…inckh
- Feldbalz by Gus Wüstemann
- This week we like: buildings made of m…ud
- Kielder Observatory by Charles Barclay… Architects
- The High Line is a "pulling-back from …architecture" say Diller and Scofidio
- J Mayer H completes timber lattice pav…ilion to mark the 300th year of the city of Karlsruhe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories