Called AVL Glyder, the collection comprises a small, medium and large sofa and two footstools.
Photographs are by Frans Strous.
The information below is from Lensvelt:
AVL GLYDER. The new dynamic and versatile seating system by Atelier Van Lieshout.
The AVL Glyder is a new and innovative family of products developed with Joep van Lieshout, whose main characteristic is the extreme versatility.
"Glyder" is a seating system which can be placed in various environments, both public and private, whereas people meet to chat, work, learn or just relax.
The seating part is a dynamic element that can give rise to different settings and different atmospheres: in fact the backrest slides from left to right, basically “glides”.
A couple of poufs complete the range: they can be used individually or combined with others, extending the sitting space.
The formal principle is simple, every seating element is separated into its components; base, seat, back and armrest are solid volumes easily recognizable, relying on each other.
The chance to play with different colors in the lining of the individual elements, makes the system yet more flexible and ready to satisfy customer needs.
|Vostok Cabin by
Atelier Van Lieshout
|Cascade by Atelier
|Atelier Van Lieshout at Carpenters Workshop Gallery|
- 16 New Pieces at Galerie Kreo
- In Between by BCXSY for Inframince
- CLS Mobile Drive by Sylvain Willenz
- Kaschkasch models lamp for Normann Cop…enhagen on a cartoon character
- HiKARI lights by Rasmus Fenhann
- Soe cups by Hanna Kruse
- Sibling's wifi-blocking ON/OFF install…ation creates a disconnected "cold spot"
- Dezeen Platform: Paula Benvegnú
- London building turned upside down by …Alex Chinneck
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories