Called AVL Glyder, the collection comprises a small, medium and large sofa and two footstools.
Photographs are by Frans Strous.
The information below is from Lensvelt:
AVL GLYDER. The new dynamic and versatile seating system by Atelier Van Lieshout.
The AVL Glyder is a new and innovative family of products developed with Joep van Lieshout, whose main characteristic is the extreme versatility.
"Glyder" is a seating system which can be placed in various environments, both public and private, whereas people meet to chat, work, learn or just relax.
The seating part is a dynamic element that can give rise to different settings and different atmospheres: in fact the backrest slides from left to right, basically “glides”.
A couple of poufs complete the range: they can be used individually or combined with others, extending the sitting space.
The formal principle is simple, every seating element is separated into its components; base, seat, back and armrest are solid volumes easily recognizable, relying on each other.
The chance to play with different colors in the lining of the individual elements, makes the system yet more flexible and ready to satisfy customer needs.
|Vostok Cabin by
Atelier Van Lieshout
|Cascade by Atelier
|Atelier Van Lieshout at Carpenters Workshop Gallery|
- Laura Lynn Jansen and Thomas Vailly "gro…w" stone tableware
- LED hats by Moritz Waldemeyer for Philip… Treacy
- Campana Brothers video interview 1
- Selfish & Devoted by Deger Cengiz
- Blend by Mieke Meijer
- Copper Mirror Series by Hunting & Narud
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "pro…vocative ideas" for future travel
- Tokujin Yoshioka installation at Design …Miami
- The interface between technology and des…ign holds "answers to the future"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories