Endhoven designer Joon Lee has created this tea set where all the cups are linked to a central jug by ropes.
Called Drink Link, the project involved heating the synthetic rope to fix it round the porcelain, but allowing the links with each cup to stay flexible.
Here's some text from the designer:
Eindhoven based designer Joon Lee looks to old artifacts when designing tableware that engages people to converse at the table. The “Drink Link” tea set consists of a teapot connected to its cups, directly linking every person to each other.
“By mimicking an historical artifact through using a different methodology and material, I created my own interpretation of the traditional Delft blue porcelain”, says Joon Lee. Synthetic rope covering the porcelain was hardened through a heating process while the linkages to the cups remained flexible.
|Tea pot by
Lee West for Eno
|Tea pot by
by Patrick Frey
- Bulb by Minimalux
- Melvin the Machine by HEYHEYHEY
- Nóize chairs by Estudio Guto Requena
- Sire by Aekae and Swisshorn
- Ivey by Hugo Passos
- Dior's feminine haute couture fashion sh…ow set against white orchids
- Pierre Charpin refits Apartment N°50 in… Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
- RE:cover by Fredrik Färg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories