Endhoven designer Joon Lee has created this tea set where all the cups are linked to a central jug by ropes.
Called Drink Link, the project involved heating the synthetic rope to fix it round the porcelain, but allowing the links with each cup to stay flexible.
Here's some text from the designer:
Eindhoven based designer Joon Lee looks to old artifacts when designing tableware that engages people to converse at the table. The “Drink Link” tea set consists of a teapot connected to its cups, directly linking every person to each other.
“By mimicking an historical artifact through using a different methodology and material, I created my own interpretation of the traditional Delft blue porcelain”, says Joon Lee. Synthetic rope covering the porcelain was hardened through a heating process while the linkages to the cups remained flexible.
|Tea pot by
Lee West for Eno
|Tea pot by
by Patrick Frey
- Trigger Point Mouldings by Touchy-Feely
- Kitchen Sofa by Emma Nilsson, Johanna We…stin and Lisa Frode
- Nike x Sacai capsule collection aims to …make sportswear more feminine
- Evo Giant by Mondaine is now available a…t Dezeen Watch Store
- 5mm launches collection of top-heavy tab…les
- Reykjavik designers convert marine litte…r into playground equipment and homeware
- Identity Parade by Adam Nathaniel Furman
- Dyson Hard two-in-one vacuum cleaner by …Dyson
- Manned Cloud by Jean-Marie Massaud
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories