Called Grinza, the design has a steel frame covered in polyurethane foam and folds of leather or fur.
The show continues unto 17 April. See all our stories about Milan 2011 »
Here's a bit of text from Edra:
“Grinza” armchair, design Fernando and Humberto Campana
The Campana brothers, in their years with Edra, have always considered the material with which each piece is realized as a value unto itself.
From the wooden slats of the Favela chair, to the long strands of raffia of the Cabana container, to the curved stainless steel of the Corallo chair or the 120 meters of velvet tubing of the Boa sofa. And now there’s Grinza, which has a steel tube frame and polyurethane padding, with great expanses of leather or eco-fur draped softly over the structure.
- Viktor & Rolf turns Van Gogh artworks in…to sculptural haute-couture garments
- Crave's USB-chargeable vibrator doubles …as a pendant necklace
- Note Design Studio extends Silo lamp col…lection for Zero
- Calvert Brody typeface by Margaret Calve…rt, Neville Brody and Henrik Kubel
- Design Museum Collection App: chairs
- Amass by Benjamin Hubert for 100% Design
- Slim Cup by Sharona Merlin
- Balloon Bench by h220430
- Ladder Coat Rack by Yenwen Tseng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories