Called Pond, the clusters of mirrored surfaces are each supported on three thin metal legs.
The project is on show at at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile until 17 April.
The information below is from Moroso:
Pond - design by Nendo
The narcissist low table.
Pond illustrates the seductive mystery of an image reflected in a mirror. The idea of a pond as seen in the table's round shape and in its inspiration which reveals the silence of Nature, the hush of the woods and the trees in bloom reflected inside it.
The table has a simple structure: three rods raise and separate two tabletops, one decorated and upside down, the other a mirror that expands the table's heigh and depth. But the idea behind this design conceals a particularly fascinating design study.
In fact Pond embodies the dualism of right and reverse as a symbol of nature/earth (light and dark( and of reflected images (which reproduce but are also projected) within a reciprocal relationship involving an enigmatic vision of space and an aesthetic recreated in the decoration.
Available in painted steel, the Pond low table is the perfect addition to any interior.
- The Future in The Making: Open Design Ar…chipelago
- Bookinist by Nils Holger Moormann
- Reborn by Being Object
- Penda creates landscape of purple pillar…s for audio-visual installation in a Chinese park
- Monica Förster designs leather bags for… Palmgrens
- Little Satans by Muungano and Sandberg&T…immonen
- Logo Chairs by Richard Woods and Sebasti…an Wrong
- Canteen furniture by Very Good & Proper
- Donna Wilson on her knitted tree for the… Stepney Green Design Collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories