This huge nest with a retractable staircase by Swedish designers Inrednin Gsgruppen forms part of a hotel in the trees in northern Sweden.
Part of the Tree Hotel, The Nest is supported by existing trees and the exterior is covered in twigs.
The inside is covered with wooden panels throughout, with small round windows partially covered by the twigs outside.
The Nest is one of five hotel rooms on the site see Tree Hotel by Tham & Videgård Arkitekter in our earlier story.
25 rooms are planned for the site in the next five years.
The following is from the Tree Hotel:
The Bird's Nest
This concept is based upon the contrast between exterior and interior. From the outside it appears as a big nest, only the scale separating it from other nests in the vicinity. Discreet windows are almost hidden by the network of branches.
Inside it’s a high standard room with modern design. A coachwork panel decorates the inner wall. There is space and beds for a family with two children. The bedroom is a separate room with sliding doors. You access the nest by a retractable staircase.
Year built: 2010
Architect: Inredningsgruppen | Bertil Harström
Number of beds: Four beds (one double bed and two single child beds)
- Australian guesthouse by Whiting Archite…cts made up of staggered concrete and timber boxes
- Singapore national stadium boasts world'…s largest free-spanning dome
- Eden Bio by Edouard François 2
- Greenpix media wall by Simone Giostra & …Partners
- Villa Flåttarna by Wingårdhs
- Urbain Architectencollectief converts br…ick fire station into Kortrijk cultural centre
- 1:1 at the Romanian Pavilion
- Taroudant University by Saad El Kabbaj, …Driss Kettani and Mohamed Amine Siana
- Branched Offices by Projectiles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories