This huge nest with a retractable staircase by Swedish designers Inrednin Gsgruppen forms part of a hotel in the trees in northern Sweden.
Part of the Tree Hotel, The Nest is supported by existing trees and the exterior is covered in twigs.
The inside is covered with wooden panels throughout, with small round windows partially covered by the twigs outside.
The Nest is one of five hotel rooms on the site see Tree Hotel by Tham & Videgård Arkitekter in our earlier story.
25 rooms are planned for the site in the next five years.
The following is from the Tree Hotel:
The Bird's Nest
This concept is based upon the contrast between exterior and interior. From the outside it appears as a big nest, only the scale separating it from other nests in the vicinity. Discreet windows are almost hidden by the network of branches.
Inside it’s a high standard room with modern design. A coachwork panel decorates the inner wall. There is space and beds for a family with two children. The bedroom is a separate room with sliding doors. You access the nest by a retractable staircase.
Year built: 2010
Architect: Inredningsgruppen | Bertil Harström
Number of beds: Four beds (one double bed and two single child beds)
- Traditional British beach huts get a mod…ern makeover from Pedder & Scampton
- The Landmark, Beirut, by Jean Nouvel
- Baroque palace renovated to create Casal… Balaguer Cultural Centre
- House of Justice and Police Station, Mes…tiaby J Mayer H
- Arhitektura d.o.o. designs minimalist Ri…bja Brv Footbridge in the centre of Ljubljana
- Health Sciences Faculty in Zaragoza by T…aller Básico de Arquitectura
- Campbell Sports Centre by Steven Holl Ar…chitects
- Blee Halligan's Triptych house extension… catches sunlight from three directions
- Dry-stone walls surround English country…side house by The Manser Practice
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories