Each stool takes about 20 minutes to produce, using van der Wiel's machine that shapes the material according to the postion of magnets and the force of gravity.
Each one can be unique, dependending on where he places the magnets.
Van der Wiel graduated from the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam this summer.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space.
See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Theme & Variations by Julien Carretero
- Melted Collection by Pieke Bergmans
- Vodka bottle by Karim Rashid for Anestas…ia
- Rotten food becomes palatable in human-h…yena synthetic biology scenario
- Offset by Giorgio Biscaro Design Studio
- Dezeen's top design quotes of 2014
- Design Indaba update
- Dezeen at SXSW
- Presence in Absence by Colm Keller
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories