Each stool takes about 20 minutes to produce, using van der Wiel's machine that shapes the material according to the postion of magnets and the force of gravity.
Each one can be unique, dependending on where he places the magnets.
Van der Wiel graduated from the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam this summer.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space.
See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- "There's a return to the commerce of the… fair"
- Designer New Year cards
- CMYK bulb by Dennis Parren
- Amanda Levete and Corian at LDF
- GTF unveil neon installation
- Krijn de Koning builds colourful archite…ctural structures at Turner Contemporary
- Lights of the City by Manuel Alvarez Die…stro
- Gogoro launches electric smartscooter to… combat pollution in megacities
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories