The judges described it as a "powerful gesture for an impoverished community, communicating a proud sense of Soweto as a special place." The "sensible, malleable, interesting interior" was "done in an amazingly short period" with a "magic transformation of sketches into symbols."
Inside world festival of interiors is taking place on the third floor of the Centro de Convenciones Internacionales de Barcelona until 4 November – see all our stories about Inside here, including interviews with the judges on Dezeen Screen.
Read more about this project in our earlier story on Dezeen.
- Naoto Fukasawa at IMM Cologne
- Aesop Shin-Marunouchi by Torafu Architec…ts
- Farshid Moussavi designs London shop int…erior for Victoria Beckham
- Nobis Hotel by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Pharmacy in La Puebla 15 by Buj+Colón A…rquitectos
- Inside awards: Red Bull offices by Linda… Morey Smith
- Maison Du Champagne by John Lin, Joshua …Bolchover and Jason Carlow
- CraftDesign by OKOLO
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories