The judges described it as a "powerful gesture for an impoverished community, communicating a proud sense of Soweto as a special place." The "sensible, malleable, interesting interior" was "done in an amazingly short period" with a "magic transformation of sketches into symbols."
Inside world festival of interiors is taking place on the third floor of the Centro de Convenciones Internacionales de Barcelona until 4 November – see all our stories about Inside here, including interviews with the judges on Dezeen Screen.
Read more about this project in our earlier story on Dezeen.
- Gummo offices by i29
- Business Playground meeting room by Math…ieu Lehanneur
- Tokyo's Tokyo by Ryo Matsui Architects
- Coven by Marcelo Alvarenga
- Skyhouse by David Hotson and Ghislaine V…iñas
- Max & Co by Duccio Grassi Architects
- Avanti restaurant by Studio OPA
- Dental Clinic in Nakayamate by Tato Arch…itects
- MFRMGR creates house-like cubicles with …windows inside a Polish office
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories