The judges described it as a "powerful gesture for an impoverished community, communicating a proud sense of Soweto as a special place." The "sensible, malleable, interesting interior" was "done in an amazingly short period" with a "magic transformation of sketches into symbols."
Inside world festival of interiors is taking place on the third floor of the Centro de Convenciones Internacionales de Barcelona until 4 November – see all our stories about Inside here, including interviews with the judges on Dezeen Screen.
Read more about this project in our earlier story on Dezeen.
- Bureau SLA inserts bright white gallery …into old timber armoury
- Pupa by Lazerian
- A Red Object by 3Gatti Architecture Stud…io
- WOKmedia show at Design Miami
- B&B Italia Showroom by Pitsou Kedem
- Takeo Kikuchi Shibuya by Schemata Archit…ects
- Món Petit by Miquel Merce Architect and… MSB Workshop
- (In)visible Membrane by Sonja Bäumel
- Renovation Bruges by Room & Room
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories