The judges described it as a "powerful gesture for an impoverished community, communicating a proud sense of Soweto as a special place." The "sensible, malleable, interesting interior" was "done in an amazingly short period" with a "magic transformation of sketches into symbols."
Inside world festival of interiors is taking place on the third floor of the Centro de Convenciones Internacionales de Barcelona until 4 November – see all our stories about Inside here, including interviews with the judges on Dezeen Screen.
Read more about this project in our earlier story on Dezeen.
- Snøhetta references religious architect…ure for Aesop's 100th store
- Curtains replace walls inside renovated …Osaka townhouse by Kazuteru Matumura
- Prayer Chapel by Gensler
- Staircase with upside-down sections at a…n office in Mexico
- Fabio Novembre store opens in Rome
- Inside awards: Red Bull offices by Linda… Morey Smith
- G Studio Architects creates unfinished a…esthetic in Tokyo loft apartment
- Siki Im concept store by Leong Leong
- Arnsdorf temporary concept store by Edwa…rds Moore
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories