Dezeen Wire: designer Jólan van der Wiel has won the €3000 first prize in the [D3] Contest for young designers at trade fair imm cologne in Germany for his Gravity Stool shaped by magnets. He showed the machine used to make the pieces at Dezeen Platform in September and you can watch it in action in our movies on Dezeen Screen.
The second prize of €2000 was awarded to Lee Sanghyeok for his Listen to Your Hands Table and the third prize of €1000 went to Marc Bell & Robin Grasby for the Apollo lamp.
- Finger Trap handbags by James Piatt
- La Chance launches at MOST
- Paralympic design: Draft Mistral racing …wheelchairs
- Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magi…s
- Array auditorium seats by Zaha Hadid for… Poltrona Frau Contract
- VTOL by Kram/Weisshaar
- Forest of One Room by Naruse Inokuma
- Outsiders plush toys by Atelier Volvox
- (No)where (Now)here: Two Gaze-activated …Dresses by Ying Gao
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories