Imagine if our cities were built by fleets of flying robots. A group of robot helicopters were programmed to lift and stack 1500 polystyrene bricks into a six metre-high tower at the FRAC Centre in Orléans, France.
Gramazio & Kohler have previously created a robot called ROB that builds undulating brick walls and were the team behind the award-winning Structural Oscillations installation at the 2008 architectural biennial in Venice.
The architects think the robots could be a model for future forms of building construction.
The assembled installation in on show until 19 February 2012.
Read more about this project in our earlier story.
Photography is by François Lauginie.
- Barud House by Paritzki & Liani Archit…ects
- Earthy cabins hide amongst the vineyar…ds at the Almagyar Wine Terrace in Hungary
- Architects arrange French skatepark ar…ound an irregular maroon bowl
- The Dune House by Min2
- Wise Architecture erects bamboo temple… on South Korean coast for victims of a ferry disaster
- Canteen at primary school no1 by Cadil…he & Fontoura
- Ipera 25 by Alataş Architecture & Con…sulting
- Mobile performance venue by Various Ar…chitects
- Paul Chevallier School by Tectoniques
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories