Imagine if our cities were built by fleets of flying robots. A group of robot helicopters were programmed to lift and stack 1500 polystyrene bricks into a six metre-high tower at the FRAC Centre in Orléans, France.
Gramazio & Kohler have previously created a robot called ROB that builds undulating brick walls and were the team behind the award-winning Structural Oscillations installation at the 2008 architectural biennial in Venice.
The architects think the robots could be a model for future forms of building construction.
The assembled installation in on show until 19 February 2012.
Read more about this project in our earlier story.
Photography is by François Lauginie.
- Museo Casa de la Memoria
- X House by Cadaval & Solà-Morales
- House by Kazuhiko Kishimoto has a public… seating deck and gallery underneath
- Gimpo Art Hall by G.Lab*
- Tori Tori Restaurant by Rojkind Arquitec…tos and Hector Esrawe
- Silver Building by DSDHA
- Qui est “in”, Qui est “out” by Y…es We Can Architects
- Tinshed by Raffaello Rosselli
- Louvre Lens by SANAA and Imrey Culbert p…hotographed by Julien Lanoo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories