Competition: Dezeen and interior designers Candy & Candy have teamed up to offer readers the chance to win one of five copies of their new book The Art of Design, which documents their luxury projects over the last ten years.
The 200-page book showcases a broad range of projects at different scales including homes, private jets, yachts and commercial environments.
Photographs and drawings show projects at various stages from conception to completion and are accompanied by text describing the inspiration, thought processes behind the designs and quotes from the designers.
This competition is now closed.
Congratulations to the winners! Bethan Knights from the UK, Jiwon Choi from South Korea, Mickie Bull from the UK, Andre Barros from Brazil and Lutz Barndt from the USA all won a copy of Candy & Candy: The Art of Design.
Here are some more details from Candy & Candy:
Candy & Candy – the brand that has become synonymous with the world’s most luxurious interiors – has launched a new book which, for the first time ever, offers a glimpse into the innovative designs, intricate attention to detail, and fine craftsmanship which have defined this globally celebrated brand over the past decade.
This new book demonstrates the depth and breadth of design talent behind Candy & Candy, showcasing over 200 pages of the company’s design projects from sumptuous homes across the world, to private jets, yachts and commercial environments – highlighting the varied and diverse design styles of the Candy & Candy portfolio unknown to many people.
Lighting, furniture and conceptual architecture, through to the finer finishing touches such as embroidery and pattern, also feature throughout, illustrating the ground-breaking originality and limitless design skills of the team.
The book also unveils the meticulous behind-the-scenes design process behind these creations and seeks to clarify why Candy & Candy has been such an influential force in luxury interior design and how it remains at the forefront of the industry.
‘Candy & Candy: The Art of Design’ is available to purchase from www.candyandcandy.com priced at £75 + p&p.
- Schemata Architects inserts coffee shop …and roastery into a Tokyo warehouse
- PLAY Project by Ka-Lai Chan
- Bear Garage by Onion
- Mobile furniture and giant hammocks allo…w work and play inside a Russian home
- Day-in-the-life movie follows the reside…nt of an apartment with moving walls and secret furniture
- The Traffic of Clouds by Hackenbroich Ar…chitekten
- Green boxes pattern the ceiling of Clip …Drop In hair salon by Sweco Architects
- David Chipperfield's Valentino flagship …store opens in New York
- Bauhaus: art as life by Carmody Groarke …and A Practice For Everyday Life
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories