Part of the Me Too Collection for children, the pieces are made of chicken wire that would normally be hidden away as the basic framework inside sculptures.
See Marc Newson's rocking horse for the brand in our earlier story.
Here's some more information from Benedetta Mori Ubaldini:
My starting point was the desire and the vision to fill large spaces with a symbolic and poetic narrative of mine.
Clouds and Birds are the result of this vision: sculptures in metal mesh without internal structure, where the play between presence and absence becomes the poetic element of the work.
The metal mesh, which is usually a hidden material used only as internal frame for sculptures, finds in these objects its own beauty and transforms into figures and objects of a poetic world.
Magis turns these handmade sculptures into products for the mass production, enriching in this way its Me Too Collection of two new and extraordinary objects.
- Animal Tables by Hella Jongerius
- Round Lamp with a looping stem by Bao-Ng…hi Droste
- Pixel Mould by Julian Bond
- Tokyo Designers Week 2008
- Roadless wheels aim to help African farm…ers transport goods from remote villages
- Hella Jongerius: "Why make new stuff eve…ry year? I'm happy to work on the classics"
- POL Oxygen redesign and Milan party invi…te
- City Camouflage by Roeland Otten
- Drawn from Clay – Noordoostpolder by A…telier NL at Gallery Libby Sellers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories