Part of the Me Too Collection for children, the pieces are made of chicken wire that would normally be hidden away as the basic framework inside sculptures.
See Marc Newson's rocking horse for the brand in our earlier story.
Here's some more information from Benedetta Mori Ubaldini:
My starting point was the desire and the vision to fill large spaces with a symbolic and poetic narrative of mine.
Clouds and Birds are the result of this vision: sculptures in metal mesh without internal structure, where the play between presence and absence becomes the poetic element of the work.
The metal mesh, which is usually a hidden material used only as internal frame for sculptures, finds in these objects its own beauty and transforms into figures and objects of a poetic world.
Magis turns these handmade sculptures into products for the mass production, enriching in this way its Me Too Collection of two new and extraordinary objects.
- Audi Carbon Ski by Audi Concept Design… Munich
- Via Fondazza brass vases by Paolo Dell…'Elce are modelled on still life paintings
- Wim Crouwel designs typeface for Holla…nd's FIFA World Cup 2014 kit
- Wattcher by Marcel Wanders Studio
- Meeraboo ST-1 and G-Force by Victor Ve…tterlein
- RU Chair by Shane Schneck for Hay
- The Pavilion by Morag Myerscough and L…uke Morgan
- Deque by Sieger Design for Dornbracht
- Art Works by Harri Koskinen for Iittal…a
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories