Clerkenwell Design Week 2012: British design duo BarberOsgerby talk about designing the London 2012 Olympic Torch in this movie we filmed last week at the Vitra showroom during Clerkenwell Design Week. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Models and prototypes of the torch at different stages of the design and manufacturing process were exhibited at the showroom for three days during the event, which took place from 22 to 24 May.
BarberOsgerby are based in Shoreditch in the London borough of Hackney so the torch was first to be included in our showcase of design talent from the area. It also picked up the Design Museum's Design of the Year award earlier this year.
- Scantling lamps by Mathias Hahn
- Something designs lamp for Ligne Roset t…o look like a bellflower
- Campana brothers cover wooden furniture …with doormats
- Multi-Touch Gestures by Gabriele Meldaik…yte
- Ruché beds and tables by Inga Sempé fo…r Ligne Roset
- Master Plan by Chad Wright
- Game of Trust by Yiannis Ghikas
- Salvaged materials form chairs in Curro …Claret's More Than This collection
- Mobile kitchen wins the first NWW Design… Award
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories