Clerkenwell Design Week 2012: British design duo BarberOsgerby talk about designing the London 2012 Olympic Torch in this movie we filmed last week at the Vitra showroom during Clerkenwell Design Week. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Models and prototypes of the torch at different stages of the design and manufacturing process were exhibited at the showroom for three days during the event, which took place from 22 to 24 May.
BarberOsgerby are based in Shoreditch in the London borough of Hackney so the torch was first to be included in our showcase of design talent from the area. It also picked up the Design Museum's Design of the Year award earlier this year.
- The Body by Kirsi Enkovaara can be twi…sted and folded to create endless seating shapes
- Rotator by Ron Arad for Teuco
- Botanica by Formafantasma
- Open Tables Ecology by Working Archite…cture Group
- Big-Game Overview
- Philippe Malouin creates "super soft" …foam chair for Established & Sons
- Faye Toogood "gets fat" with fourth As…semblage furniture collection
- Marc Newson on the projects that got a…way
- Aandersson deconstructs archetypal ves…sels to create unusual ceramic shapes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories