Clerkenwell Design Week 2012: British design duo BarberOsgerby talk about designing the London 2012 Olympic Torch in this movie we filmed last week at the Vitra showroom during Clerkenwell Design Week. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Models and prototypes of the torch at different stages of the design and manufacturing process were exhibited at the showroom for three days during the event, which took place from 22 to 24 May.
BarberOsgerby are based in Shoreditch in the London borough of Hackney so the torch was first to be included in our showcase of design talent from the area. It also picked up the Design Museum's Design of the Year award earlier this year.
- Vitra Design Museum hosts Alvar Aalto re…trospective
- "New Yorkers all of a sudden are interes…ted in quality of life"
- Designing Modern Women 1890–1990 at Mo…MA
- Muji manufactured by Thonet
- Doubleface by Postfossil
- Table, Bench, Chair by Sam Hecht
- Mobile Gastfreundschaft by Kollectiv Sta…dtpark
- Sancal's 2015 collection includes furnit…ure that pieces together like a puzzle
- Haunted by 36 Woman by Ted Noten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories