Clerkenwell Design Week 2012: British design duo BarberOsgerby talk about designing the London 2012 Olympic Torch in this movie we filmed last week at the Vitra showroom during Clerkenwell Design Week. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Models and prototypes of the torch at different stages of the design and manufacturing process were exhibited at the showroom for three days during the event, which took place from 22 to 24 May.
BarberOsgerby are based in Shoreditch in the London borough of Hackney so the torch was first to be included in our showcase of design talent from the area. It also picked up the Design Museum's Design of the Year award earlier this year.
- Who's Next by Marco Ripa
- Bethan Gray covers Ella furniture for Wo…rkhouse in brightly coloured upholstery
- Seymourpowell's Waste-Free Christmas Din…ner Maker is an app to tackle festive food waste
- Hotel Taj Mahal by Constantin and Lauren…e Leon Boym
- Aurora by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- MEJD Studio slices traditional objects i…n half to create contemporary lighting
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at 55 Neal Str…eet
- Stack printer by Mugi Yamamoto
- Copper Lamp 10kg by Tobias Sieber and Sa…muel Treindl
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories