Clerkenwell Design Week 2012: British design duo BarberOsgerby talk about designing the London 2012 Olympic Torch in this movie we filmed last week at the Vitra showroom during Clerkenwell Design Week. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Models and prototypes of the torch at different stages of the design and manufacturing process were exhibited at the showroom for three days during the event, which took place from 22 to 24 May.
BarberOsgerby are based in Shoreditch in the London borough of Hackney so the torch was first to be included in our showcase of design talent from the area. It also picked up the Design Museum's Design of the Year award earlier this year.
- "I was obsessed by the idea of making th…ings myself" - Marc Newson
- New Designers 2010 Part 2 Awards
- Snap clip-on supports create furniture f…rom found objects
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: Seeper at Tent Digital
- Dezeen's top ten: bookcases
- Iris van Herpen creates dresses from cir…cles of lustrous metal gauze
- "India needs to cash in on its handicraf…ts" says Made in… India exhibition co-curator
- Packaging Lights by Anke Weiss
- Ruché by Inga Sempé for Ligne Roset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories