Clerkenwell Design Week 2012: British design duo BarberOsgerby talk about designing the London 2012 Olympic Torch in this movie we filmed last week at the Vitra showroom during Clerkenwell Design Week. Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Models and prototypes of the torch at different stages of the design and manufacturing process were exhibited at the showroom for three days during the event, which took place from 22 to 24 May.
BarberOsgerby are based in Shoreditch in the London borough of Hackney so the torch was first to be included in our showcase of design talent from the area. It also picked up the Design Museum's Design of the Year award earlier this year.
- Nendo bases furniture for Walt Disney Ja…pan on Winnie-the-Pooh characters
- Pauline van Dongen's Vigour cardigan sen…ses how well its wearer is moving
- James Christian designs parasitic struct…ures for disused city spaces
- Trees for Lycée Germaine Tillon by Mata…li Crasset
- Playbutton musical badges at The Tempori…um
- Sleep Series by Another Country for Heal…'s
- 200 Series Calendar Wristwatch by Unifor…m Wares
- Folkform's Skyline lamp now produced by …Örsjö Belysning
- Nomad table by Jorre van Ast
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories