These ceiling lights by Seattle design studio Graypants are made from salvaged remnants of corrugated cardboard.
Named Scraplights, the range utilises material leftover from the studio's production of cardboard furniture plus reclaimed waste from the local area.
The cardboard offcuts are laser-cut into concentric circles to maximise use of material before being stacked and glued together by hand.
Four different shapes of shade are available.
The lights are available from London furniture company Chest of Drawers, who happen to work at Dezeen's offices.
Here's a video from the designers:
- Royal Extreme by Una Hlin Kristjansdotti…r
- Electronic Calculator XS by plusminuszer…o
- The Honeycomb Vase 2007 by Studio Libert…iny
- Champagne chair winners
- Super Contemporary interviews: Neville B…rody
- Saving/Space/Vase by Joe Velluto
- While You Sleep by Oscar Diaz
- Philippe Malouin's Hanger Chair goes int…o production with Umbra Shift
- Library by Thomas Bentzen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories