These ceiling lights by Seattle design studio Graypants are made from salvaged remnants of corrugated cardboard.
Named Scraplights, the range utilises material leftover from the studio's production of cardboard furniture plus reclaimed waste from the local area.
The cardboard offcuts are laser-cut into concentric circles to maximise use of material before being stacked and glued together by hand.
Four different shapes of shade are available.
The lights are available from London furniture company Chest of Drawers, who happen to work at Dezeen's offices.
Here's a video from the designers:
- Shanty towns inspire panelled storage ca…binet by Doshi Levien
- The Pavilion by Morag Myerscough and Luk…e Morgan
- Sou Fujimoto stacks aluminium boxes to f…orm "nomadic" house installation in Paris
- DoorBot wireless doorbell by Edison Juni…or Design Laboratory
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Master Plan by Chad Wright
- Belgrade Design Week
- Alodia by Todd Bracher for Cappellini
- Cloud paper sofa by Tokujin Yoshioka
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories