These ceiling lights by Seattle design studio Graypants are made from salvaged remnants of corrugated cardboard.
Named Scraplights, the range utilises material leftover from the studio's production of cardboard furniture plus reclaimed waste from the local area.
The cardboard offcuts are laser-cut into concentric circles to maximise use of material before being stacked and glued together by hand.
Four different shapes of shade are available.
The lights are available from London furniture company Chest of Drawers, who happen to work at Dezeen's offices.
Here's a video from the designers:
- Little Shining Man by Heather and Ivan M…orison
- Ron Arad at Timothy Taylor Gallery
- American Apparel launches collection wit…h Memphis Group's Nathalie Du Pasquier
- Waldemeyer/Chalayan update
- W101 by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Wäst…berg
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Finger Trap handbags by James Piatt
- Anya Sebton designs flexible storage sys…tem for Lammhults
- Matteo Fogale and Laetitia de Allegri pr…esent furniture made from old jeans, paper and cotton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories