These ceiling lights by Seattle design studio Graypants are made from salvaged remnants of corrugated cardboard.
Named Scraplights, the range utilises material leftover from the studio's production of cardboard furniture plus reclaimed waste from the local area.
The cardboard offcuts are laser-cut into concentric circles to maximise use of material before being stacked and glued together by hand.
Four different shapes of shade are available.
The lights are available from London furniture company Chest of Drawers, who happen to work at Dezeen's offices.
Here's a video from the designers:
- Fuse by Note Design Studio for Ex.t
- Matilda Beckman makes furniture out of "…really gross" dust
- Neri&Hu for De La Espada
- Maisonnette by Simone Simonelli
- "I felt we should change the way Emeco m…akes chairs" - Konstantin Grcic
- PhotoGraphy by ShiKai Tseng
- Loom by Benjamin Hubert for Zero
- MYo1 and MYo2 Reverse Collection by Mich…ael Young
- Dezeen's top 10 gadgets of 2014
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories