These ceiling lights by Seattle design studio Graypants are made from salvaged remnants of corrugated cardboard.
Named Scraplights, the range utilises material leftover from the studio's production of cardboard furniture plus reclaimed waste from the local area.
The cardboard offcuts are laser-cut into concentric circles to maximise use of material before being stacked and glued together by hand.
Four different shapes of shade are available.
The lights are available from London furniture company Chest of Drawers, who happen to work at Dezeen's offices.
Here's a video from the designers:
- Rocky by Marc Newson for Magis
- Sneak preview: Hayón works with Piper
- Gigi Barker's skin-covered seats are inf…used with bodily scents
- Modular by Marina Bautier
- "Bored" Chinese are turning from fashion… to furniture
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Ted Noten
- Local Collection by Maxim Velčovský
- Design Museum Collection App: telephones
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Math…ias Hahn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories