These ceiling lights by Seattle design studio Graypants are made from salvaged remnants of corrugated cardboard.
Named Scraplights, the range utilises material leftover from the studio's production of cardboard furniture plus reclaimed waste from the local area.
The cardboard offcuts are laser-cut into concentric circles to maximise use of material before being stacked and glued together by hand.
Four different shapes of shade are available.
The lights are available from London furniture company Chest of Drawers, who happen to work at Dezeen's offices.
Here's a video from the designers:
- Concrete Ring Series by 22designstudio
- Origami Chair by So Takahashi
- Bottle by TAF
- SafetyNet by Dan Watson
- David Adjaye aims to dispel stereotypi…cal images of Africa through textile designs
- Bioluminescent lamp by ￼Teresa van D…ongen glows blue with octopus bacteria
- Sebastian Herkner's Collar Lamp pairs …hand-blown glass with a spun aluminium shade
- Malva by Ett la Benn
- Airborne Snotty Vases by Marcel Wander…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories