This lamp by German designer Hayo Gebauer falls over when it's turned off (+ movie).
Called Collapse, it has a cord slotted through the loose wooden components that make up the base to hold them upright under tension.
When the cord is released, the weight of the protective foam shade makes it topple over.
Electrical contacts in the toggle that holds the cord in place complete the circuit to turn the lamp on when it's upright.
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Ted Noten
- Dezeen Screen: Florian Schmid
- 100% Inspiration: Nicolas Roope
- BMW Art Cars
- Batucada light by Jahara Studio
- Gijs Bakker shows Shotgun Saloon
- Foster 510 by Foster + Partners
- Sight Unseen commissions Memphis-influen…ced print collection
- Made in Italy: the Influence of Italian …Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories