This lamp by German designer Hayo Gebauer falls over when it's turned off (+ movie).
Called Collapse, it has a cord slotted through the loose wooden components that make up the base to hold them upright under tension.
When the cord is released, the weight of the protective foam shade makes it topple over.
Electrical contacts in the toggle that holds the cord in place complete the circuit to turn the lamp on when it's upright.
- Blakeley furniture by Studio Roderick Vo…s is built from architectural joists
- First collection from new Dublin design …brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Kaki side tables by Kenyon Yeh
- Jet Set by Jaime Hayón for Bisazza
- Commuter by Levi’s
- Konstantin Grcic at Stockholm Furniture …Fair
- Launch collection by Noble & Wood
- Braun Design at Paul Smith Albemarle Str…eet by das programm
- Nike Vapor Laser Talon 3D printed footba…ll boot studs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories