This lamp by German designer Hayo Gebauer falls over when it's turned off (+ movie).
Called Collapse, it has a cord slotted through the loose wooden components that make up the base to hold them upright under tension.
When the cord is released, the weight of the protective foam shade makes it topple over.
Electrical contacts in the toggle that holds the cord in place complete the circuit to turn the lamp on when it's upright.
- Eggwave by WertelOberfell for Neff
- L'Etreinte by Elise Gabriel
- Sling Back by Quirky
- Gone With the Wind by Nika Zupanc
- Giant flowers obscure models in Ondrej… Adamek's graduate fashion collection
- McLaren upgrades its P1 supercar for t…he race track
- Louche glassware by Mathias Hahn
- Note Design Studio extends Silo lamp c…ollection for Zero
- Today at Dezeen Platform: JAILmake
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories