This lamp by German designer Hayo Gebauer falls over when it's turned off (+ movie).
Called Collapse, it has a cord slotted through the loose wooden components that make up the base to hold them upright under tension.
When the cord is released, the weight of the protective foam shade makes it topple over.
Electrical contacts in the toggle that holds the cord in place complete the circuit to turn the lamp on when it's upright.
- Aoyama by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for L…igne Roset
- OPUS Shop by Paradox Studio
- Tom Dixon Shop by Studio Toogood
- Biodegradable fishing nets could prevent… sea mammal deaths
- CEO desk by Staffan Holm & Johannes Tjer…nberg
- Design Indaba videos: 5.5 designers
- Naoko Kanehira at New Designers
- Sharing Plug by Dave Hakkens
- The knitting collection of Loes Veenstra… by Christien Meindertsma
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories