This lamp by German designer Hayo Gebauer falls over when it's turned off (+ movie).
Called Collapse, it has a cord slotted through the loose wooden components that make up the base to hold them upright under tension.
When the cord is released, the weight of the protective foam shade makes it topple over.
Electrical contacts in the toggle that holds the cord in place complete the circuit to turn the lamp on when it's upright.
- Fresh by Victor Vetterlein
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothers at Vi…tra Design Museum
- Blank Wall Clock by Martí Guixé for Al…essi
- Catastrophe by Maxim Velcovsky
- Rainbow Church by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Kulle daybed by Stefanie Schissler featu…res a bobbly surface
- Momentary by Catarina Hällzon
- Campanas + LACOSTE
- Jumper by Bertjan Pot
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories