Movie: basketball games have become so aggressive that sports brand Nike decided to include combat pads in its latest kit, explains the brand's global creative director for the Olympics Martin Lotti in the next Dezeen movie in anticipation of tomorrow’s exclusive event at the Nike+ House of Innovation.
When creating the Nike Basketball Hyper Elite Uniform, Nike's designers asked players where they received the most bruises and integrated Nike Pro combat pieces under the jersey at these points.
They also noticed players using the inside of the shirt's neck to wipe away sweat during a game and integrated textured fabric there to wipe the face more effectively.
The shorts alone weigh 58% less than those currently worn by NBA players, equivalent to a can of fizzy drink.
Each kit is made of 22 recycled plastic bottles.
- Don't Run shoe factory brings producti…on line to local high streets
- Movie: Julian Hakes on the Mojito shoe… with no footplate
- Julian Lechner turns old coffee ground…s into reusable cups
- Tape Lamp by Sylvia Pichler for Skitsc…h
- Poke Hanger by Kyuhyung Cho
- Matali Crasset presents woven vessels … in collaboration with Zimbabwean weavers
- Theme & Variations by Julien Carretero
- Emeco launches seat pads for the class…ic but cold 1006 Navy Chair
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzin…i, Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories