Designer Sunghoon Jung of South Korea has devised a combined tape measure and pair of compasses.
The retractable ruler has holes along its length and a pin at the entrance to the case so it can be fixed to the surface, while a pencil slotted in the other end draws a circle.
There's also a slot down one side of the tape for drawing straight lines. "If you try to draw a line on a tape measure, you are likely to slip the line because the measure tape is not tightly fixed on the desk," says Sunghoon Jung.
The project was entered for the iF design awards, which are open for submissions until 19 September.
- Bouroullec Collection by Ronan and Erwan… Bouroullec for Hay
- dezeen loves... COMPANY'S annual report
- New 104 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Flow 5.0 by Studio Roosegaarde
- Daan Roosegaarde's glowing Van Gogh cycl…e path to open in the Netherlands
- Bulky by Jonas Wagell for Muuto
- New London design show announced
- The Last Laugh by William Andrews for Mr… Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- e15 unveils wood and marble home accesso…ries collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories