Designer Sunghoon Jung of South Korea has devised a combined tape measure and pair of compasses.
The retractable ruler has holes along its length and a pin at the entrance to the case so it can be fixed to the surface, while a pencil slotted in the other end draws a circle.
There's also a slot down one side of the tape for drawing straight lines. "If you try to draw a line on a tape measure, you are likely to slip the line because the measure tape is not tightly fixed on the desk," says Sunghoon Jung.
The project was entered for the iF design awards, which are open for submissions until 19 September.
- My Private Sky by Kram/Weisshaar
- SKVÍS by Siggi Eggertsson at Spark Des…ign Space
- Lladró Re-Cyclos by Committee
- Storyboard by Jan Van Hoof
- Another Chair by Mathias Hahn for Anothe…r Country
- Madelene Björk at New Designers
- Homemade is Best by Forsman & Bodenfors,… Evelina Bratell and Carl Kleiner for Ikea
- C58 Dressing Table by Florian Schmid
- Flow 5.0 by Studio Roosegaarde
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories