Designer Sunghoon Jung of South Korea has devised a combined tape measure and pair of compasses.
The retractable ruler has holes along its length and a pin at the entrance to the case so it can be fixed to the surface, while a pencil slotted in the other end draws a circle.
There's also a slot down one side of the tape for drawing straight lines. "If you try to draw a line on a tape measure, you are likely to slip the line because the measure tape is not tightly fixed on the desk," says Sunghoon Jung.
The project was entered for the iF design awards, which are open for submissions until 19 September.
- Family Stories by Guy Königstein
- Playtype foundry and concept store by e-…Types
- The Flavour Conductor by Bompas & Parr e…nhances different flavours in whisky
- Ofon by Nendo for Kokuyo
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window inst…allation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- Cup holder by Bookman for coffee-fuelled… cycling
- Chair/Stool by Krystian Kowalski
- Eileen Gray was "disappointed that she w…as forgotten" - Zeev Aram
- Tim Defleur folds a single steel sheet t…o form PLI & CO lamp
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories