Designer Sunghoon Jung of South Korea has devised a combined tape measure and pair of compasses.
The retractable ruler has holes along its length and a pin at the entrance to the case so it can be fixed to the surface, while a pencil slotted in the other end draws a circle.
There's also a slot down one side of the tape for drawing straight lines. "If you try to draw a line on a tape measure, you are likely to slip the line because the measure tape is not tightly fixed on the desk," says Sunghoon Jung.
The project was entered for the iF design awards, which are open for submissions until 19 September.
- Wave-shaped clothes rails keep items eve…nly spaced
- Saucer by Eric Degenhardt for Schönbuch
- Pivot by Raw Edges for Arco
- Designed in Hackney: chandeliers by Stua…rt Haygarth
- Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners' MEET sofa co…mbines "sound absorption" with versatility
- Cryptographer & Encoded Textiles by Raw …Color
- Whole World Water by Fuseproject
- Färg & Blanche stitch wood together to …form furniture
- Analarm by Industrial Facility
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories