Designer Sunghoon Jung of South Korea has devised a combined tape measure and pair of compasses.
The retractable ruler has holes along its length and a pin at the entrance to the case so it can be fixed to the surface, while a pencil slotted in the other end draws a circle.
There's also a slot down one side of the tape for drawing straight lines. "If you try to draw a line on a tape measure, you are likely to slip the line because the measure tape is not tightly fixed on the desk," says Sunghoon Jung.
The project was entered for the iF design awards, which are open for submissions until 19 September.
- Valentin Vodev's Vello bike folds with "…a simple kick" thanks to one big magnet
- Real Apple Store created for Borough Mar…ket's 1000th birthday
- Nendo's Draftsmen 01 series available to… pre-order at Dezeen Watch Store
- The Fantasy collection by Jaime Hayón
- Robert Stadler at Galerie Emmanuel Perro…tin
- Design Probes 2007 by Philips Design at …Dutch Design Week
- 3D-printed shoes by Recreus scrunch up t…o fit into pockets
- Black Widow by Gisele Ganne
- G-Star Raw pavilion at Tokyo Designer’…s Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories