In the final movie in our series filmed with Marc Newson at his London studio, he tells us about lesser-known projects - including a six-wheel Aston Martin for a member of a Middle Eastern royal family - that "for one reason and another didn't get out there." Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Abandoned ideas include a film camera from the year 2000 that "was clearly doomed" and a series of binoculars and telescopes for hunting and bird-watching that he describes as "the best products that never happened."
There's also a clock tower commissioned for the Atlanta Olympics that "stayed in the box for about ten years somewhere" until Newson tracked it down and bought it back.
- Vitra adapts Eames Wire Chair for outdoo…r use
- Radioactive vases are made from toxic sm…artphone waste
- Fish packaging by PostlerFerguson
- Frost by Mars
- Balloon Chair by h220430 appears to floa…t above the ground
- Covent Garden Super Design
- 4010-Overdress by Johannes Laue and Joha…nnes Schroth
- Form Us With Love adds colourful acousti…c panels to Baux range
- Established & Sons in Milan 2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories