In the final movie in our series filmed with Marc Newson at his London studio, he tells us about lesser-known projects - including a six-wheel Aston Martin for a member of a Middle Eastern royal family - that "for one reason and another didn't get out there." Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Abandoned ideas include a film camera from the year 2000 that "was clearly doomed" and a series of binoculars and telescopes for hunting and bird-watching that he describes as "the best products that never happened."
There's also a clock tower commissioned for the Atlanta Olympics that "stayed in the box for about ten years somewhere" until Newson tracked it down and bought it back.
- Moke by Michael Young
- Pop Rivet by TAF at Bench 10
- Movie: The Idea of a Tree by Mischer'Tra…xler at Clerkenwell Design Week
- ME.WE concept car by Jean-Marie Massaud …for Toyota
- Teso table by Foster + Partners for Molt…eni&C
- Nexus by Yigit Ozer for Kutahya Seramik
- Kabino by Simon Legald for Normann Copen…hagen
- Noyberg & Bulka uses sewing machines to …stamp ink patterns onto clothes
- LoveThisChair by Huibert van Muilwijk fo…r Made by Midas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories