In the final movie in our series filmed with Marc Newson at his London studio, he tells us about lesser-known projects - including a six-wheel Aston Martin for a member of a Middle Eastern royal family - that "for one reason and another didn't get out there." Update: this interview is featured in Dezeen Book of Interviews, which is on sale now for £12.
Abandoned ideas include a film camera from the year 2000 that "was clearly doomed" and a series of binoculars and telescopes for hunting and bird-watching that he describes as "the best products that never happened."
There's also a clock tower commissioned for the Atlanta Olympics that "stayed in the box for about ten years somewhere" until Newson tracked it down and bought it back.
- Naoto Fukasawa at IMM Cologne
- Eric Klarenbeek at Selfridges
- For Rest Table by SPEAC
- Burn Burn Burn by Sarah van Gameren
- Chapel of the Assumption Interior by Joh…n Doe
- Necklace & clothes and Starlight by Homm…in
- Beams Chair by Eric and Johnny Design St…udio
- Rubikon Pinhole Rebel by Jaroslav Juřic…a
- "Milan used to be a place full of farms"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories