East London designer Donna Wilson will contribute a special installation to Dezeen's Stepney Green Design Collection made up of a 1.8 metre-high knitted tree with a selection of her soft-toy creatures living in it.
The one-off knitted tree is from an exhibition called Endangered Species (above) that Wilson created earlier this year at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
The tree is inhabited by a selection of Wilson's signature creatures including Cyril Squirrel-fox (above) and his offspring Rill and Ralf (below).
Dezeen has been commissioned to curate a collection of products designed by east London creatives that live near to new housing development VIVO and we will be publishing more designs as they are added to the collection during the next month.
The designs will be on show as part of a collection of 30 works of art, fashion, sculpture and furniture celebrating local talent that will be exhibited at the Genesis Cinema in October and then donated to the VIVO residents – find out more here.
- Our Little White Sofa by Christian Vivan…co
- Ready Made Curtain by Ronan and Erwan Bo…uroullec
- Gaudi Stool by Studio Geenen
- Lava combines western and eastern symbol…s to create "universal" icons
- Plumen 001 by Hulger
- Knoll reissues armchair by late Charles …Pollock
- Nendo designs Fusion furniture and homew…are collection for BoConcept
- I Wanna Deliver A Dolphin... concept for… humans giving birth to their food by Ai Hasegawa
- Bulb by Minimalux
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories