East London designer Donna Wilson will contribute a special installation to Dezeen's Stepney Green Design Collection made up of a 1.8 metre-high knitted tree with a selection of her soft-toy creatures living in it.
The one-off knitted tree is from an exhibition called Endangered Species (above) that Wilson created earlier this year at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
The tree is inhabited by a selection of Wilson's signature creatures including Cyril Squirrel-fox (above) and his offspring Rill and Ralf (below).
Dezeen has been commissioned to curate a collection of products designed by east London creatives that live near to new housing development VIVO and we will be publishing more designs as they are added to the collection during the next month.
The designs will be on show as part of a collection of 30 works of art, fashion, sculpture and furniture celebrating local talent that will be exhibited at the Genesis Cinema in October and then donated to the VIVO residents – find out more here.
- Axor Bouroullec + ECAL
- Dezeen's guide to Milan's must-see eve…nts and installations
- Close to be Open by Agnes Ögren and V…alerie Otte
- Folio Staircase by Disguincio & Co
- CF Møller Design creates Ensō archit…ectural tableware set
- Mini Clubvan Concept
- Nendo designs ice cream Village cake f…or Häagen-Dazs
- Objects in Neri&Hu's Cabinet of Curios…ity symbolise the seven deadly sins
- Bird Song with a Found Feather by Mart…in Smith/Laikingland
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories