Product news: colourful LED torches shaped like the handlebar grips of BMX bicycles by British designer Alexander Taylor have gone into production with Hong Kong brand Praxis.
“I had a BMX until I was about 14," says Taylor. "I still have a certain nostalgia for its mushroom grip handlebars. It just made perfect sense to make a torch based around that.”
A circular funnel that directs the light from the LED is attached to the ribbed silicone handles that give the torches their name.
Praxis is a new brand specialising in small silicone objects. It's also producing a selection of small pots that can't be left open by Slovakian designer Tomas Kral and bird-like containers by Swedish designers TAF.
Photographs are by Alexander Taylor Studio.
- LightHive by Alex Haw
- Capo by Doshi Levien for Cappellini
- A cup of coffee by Ryohei Yoshiyuki
- Jawbone Prime and Ear Candy by Fuseproje…ct
- MINI Scooter E Concept
- Marginal Notes by Note Design Studio
- Customisable furniture means "no more tr…ends" says Philippe Starck
- The Radio by Kosmos Project
- Oscar Medley-Whitfield and Harry Trimble… at Designers in Residence 2012
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories