Product news: colourful LED torches shaped like the handlebar grips of BMX bicycles by British designer Alexander Taylor have gone into production with Hong Kong brand Praxis.
“I had a BMX until I was about 14," says Taylor. "I still have a certain nostalgia for its mushroom grip handlebars. It just made perfect sense to make a torch based around that.”
A circular funnel that directs the light from the LED is attached to the ribbed silicone handles that give the torches their name.
Praxis is a new brand specialising in small silicone objects. It's also producing a selection of small pots that can't be left open by Slovakian designer Tomas Kral and bird-like containers by Swedish designers TAF.
Photographs are by Alexander Taylor Studio.
- Lava combines western and eastern symbol…s to create "universal" icons
- Sunset Camera by Leo Lindroos
- Bellows by Benjamin Hubert for Nava
- Photos from augmented reality watch stor…e at Hackney House Austin now online
- School Gym 704 by H Arquitectes
- Figurine Containers by TAF
- Studio Vit's Cone lights are shaped like… party hats
- Colony armchair by Skrivo mixes steam-be…nt wood and rattan
- Interactive fashion films at POST exhibi…tion respond to movement of gallery visitors
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories