Product news: colourful LED torches shaped like the handlebar grips of BMX bicycles by British designer Alexander Taylor have gone into production with Hong Kong brand Praxis.
“I had a BMX until I was about 14," says Taylor. "I still have a certain nostalgia for its mushroom grip handlebars. It just made perfect sense to make a torch based around that.”
A circular funnel that directs the light from the LED is attached to the ribbed silicone handles that give the torches their name.
Praxis is a new brand specialising in small silicone objects. It's also producing a selection of small pots that can't be left open by Slovakian designer Tomas Kral and bird-like containers by Swedish designers TAF.
Photographs are by Alexander Taylor Studio.
- Meguro office space by Nendo
- Ovo high chair by CuldeSac
- How they did the floor at the KEF laun…ch
- Dezeen podcast: ExperimentaDesign 09
- Pipe Light by Triptyque
- Grand Danois in Milan
- Campanas + LACOSTE
- Cloud paper sofa by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Frida Escobedo creates an Aztec-inspir…ed installation in the V&A courtyard
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories