Product news: colourful LED torches shaped like the handlebar grips of BMX bicycles by British designer Alexander Taylor have gone into production with Hong Kong brand Praxis.
“I had a BMX until I was about 14," says Taylor. "I still have a certain nostalgia for its mushroom grip handlebars. It just made perfect sense to make a torch based around that.”
A circular funnel that directs the light from the LED is attached to the ribbed silicone handles that give the torches their name.
Praxis is a new brand specialising in small silicone objects. It's also producing a selection of small pots that can't be left open by Slovakian designer Tomas Kral and bird-like containers by Swedish designers TAF.
Photographs are by Alexander Taylor Studio.
- New Pinterest board: paper design
- "4D-printed" shape-changing dress and je…wellery by Nervous System
- Lazy Bastard by Bertjan Pot for Montis
- A cup of coffee by Ryohei Yoshiyuki
- Natural History at Selfridges
- Kink by Osko+Deichmann
- All the Forces at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
- Iris van Herpen curates a fashion magazi…ne
- FaceMaker by Millergoodman at Home
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories