Product news: colourful LED torches shaped like the handlebar grips of BMX bicycles by British designer Alexander Taylor have gone into production with Hong Kong brand Praxis.
“I had a BMX until I was about 14," says Taylor. "I still have a certain nostalgia for its mushroom grip handlebars. It just made perfect sense to make a torch based around that.”
A circular funnel that directs the light from the LED is attached to the ribbed silicone handles that give the torches their name.
Praxis is a new brand specialising in small silicone objects. It's also producing a selection of small pots that can't be left open by Slovakian designer Tomas Kral and bird-like containers by Swedish designers TAF.
Photographs are by Alexander Taylor Studio.
- Ausgebrannt by Kaspar Hamacher at 20 Des…igners at Biologiska
- Lift by Staffan Holm for One Nordic
- Global Warming Rug by NEL for Nanimarqui…na
- Karimoku New Standard by Isolation Unit …and others
- Billboard bags by Artecnica
- Patricia Urquiola upholsters modular sof…a for Moroso in jersey fabric
- Stian Korntved Ruud is hand carving a wo…oden spoon every day for a year
- Moooi launches range of hotel soaps and …shampoos to extend its brand
- &made offer free Milan rides
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories