Product news: colourful LED torches shaped like the handlebar grips of BMX bicycles by British designer Alexander Taylor have gone into production with Hong Kong brand Praxis.
“I had a BMX until I was about 14," says Taylor. "I still have a certain nostalgia for its mushroom grip handlebars. It just made perfect sense to make a torch based around that.”
A circular funnel that directs the light from the LED is attached to the ribbed silicone handles that give the torches their name.
Praxis is a new brand specialising in small silicone objects. It's also producing a selection of small pots that can't be left open by Slovakian designer Tomas Kral and bird-like containers by Swedish designers TAF.
Photographs are by Alexander Taylor Studio.
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- Parasite Production by Samuel Treindl
- Moving Forest by NL Architects
- Fading Desk by Thijmen van der Steen
- New 300 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Fossilisation machine results by Austin …Houldsworth
- Shading by Robert Stadler at Carpenters …Workshop Gallery
- Droog New York by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Nubilo sofa by Constance Guisset for Pet…ite Friture offers pebble-shaped cushions for comfort
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories