Stockholm 2013: Swedish designer Marcus Abrahamsson devised this bollard with a foot rest and handle to help cyclists keep their balance at traffic lights.
Created for outdoor furniture brand Nola, bikers' rest is a steel tube with a domed top circled by two rings.
Positioned about waist height when on a bike, the upper rung can be grabbed by a free hand to aid balance.
The second loop just off the ground is covered over with extruded metal mesh to create a panel with improved grip for shoes.
"I wanted it to blend in with the existing crowd, the steel tubes and extruded metal mesh, they are all familiar materials in the urban landscape," says Abrahamsson.
- Sebastian Errazuriz creates Samurai Cabi…net from 364 moveable ribs
- Monocle lamp by Rich Brilliant Willing
- Färg & Blanche designs quilted Emily ch…air for Gärsnäs
- Bearina by Ronen Kadushin
- Little Triple Chair by Frederik Roijé
- Wästberg lighting collection 09
- Coffee Beer bottle by Nendo
- Black Tree by Miloš Milivojevic
- Skrivo's Halo chair comprises two parts …that slot together
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories