Stockholm 2013: Swedish designer Marcus Abrahamsson devised this bollard with a foot rest and handle to help cyclists keep their balance at traffic lights.
Created for outdoor furniture brand Nola, bikers' rest is a steel tube with a domed top circled by two rings.
Positioned about waist height when on a bike, the upper rung can be grabbed by a free hand to aid balance.
The second loop just off the ground is covered over with extruded metal mesh to create a panel with improved grip for shoes.
"I wanted it to blend in with the existing crowd, the steel tubes and extruded metal mesh, they are all familiar materials in the urban landscape," says Abrahamsson.
- Docklands by PearsonLloyd for Bene
- Drip Grip and XY by Nosigner
- Taxidermy artwork by Idiots
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for the …Stepney Green Design Collection
- Dezeen Watch Store Summer sale: 40% off …Neko by SANAA for Alessi
- David Wiseman at R 20th Century
- "It's easy for young designers to get st…uck in Berlin"
- Gubi to launch GamFratesi designs at Pal…azzo Litta in Milan
- Superfolk at Stockholm Furniture Fair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories