Milan 2013: Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola has created a family of chairs influenced by the shape of a hood for Italian brand Moroso.
Designed by Patricia Urquiola for furniture brand Moroso, the Clarissa Hood armchair and chair have faceted outer shells with seat backs designed to partially wrap around the sitter like the hood of garment.
The chairs are composed of a metal tubular frame with a thermoformed polyester fibre shell encasing a generously padded seat in a contrasting colour.
The collection is available in a wide variety of colours and was presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan last month.
Patricia Urquiola unveiled another two chairs for Moroso in Milan this year including one with a backrest wrapped in rush, and a collection of armchairs with wavy backs and seats made from rigid felt. See more designs by Patricia Urquiola »
Moroso also presented a chair inspired by the spike heels on a pair of stilettos and a collection of brightly coloured furniture by Berlin-based designer Werner Aisslinger in Milan.
- Taxi-Dermy Lenticular Prints by Joe Jin
- Marina Stanimirovic launches jewellery m…ade from Corian and gold
- La part des Anges by Duende
- Ground Zero by Slinkachu
- Telescopic contact lenses zoom in and ou…t with right and left winks
- MINI and Touring Superleggera unveil ope…n-top concept car
- Nipple lights by Naama Arbel
- Cryptographer & Encoded Textiles by Raw …Color
- Studio profile: Beton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories