Milan 2013: Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola has created a family of chairs influenced by the shape of a hood for Italian brand Moroso.
Designed by Patricia Urquiola for furniture brand Moroso, the Clarissa Hood armchair and chair have faceted outer shells with seat backs designed to partially wrap around the sitter like the hood of garment.
The chairs are composed of a metal tubular frame with a thermoformed polyester fibre shell encasing a generously padded seat in a contrasting colour.
The collection is available in a wide variety of colours and was presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan last month.
Patricia Urquiola unveiled another two chairs for Moroso in Milan this year including one with a backrest wrapped in rush, and a collection of armchairs with wavy backs and seats made from rigid felt. See more designs by Patricia Urquiola »
Moroso also presented a chair inspired by the spike heels on a pair of stilettos and a collection of brightly coloured furniture by Berlin-based designer Werner Aisslinger in Milan.
- Multi-Touch Gestures by Gabriele Meldaik…yte
- Kiasma chair by Vesa Honkonen
- [d3] contest winners at IMM Cologne 2009
- New Shadow Monsters video
- Disney Research unveils technique to 3D …print any object as a speaker
- Design Indaba videos: Doung Anwar Jahang…eer
- Flesh Chair wrapped in squishy rolls of …fat by Nanna Kiil
- Nigel Stanford makes sound visible for C…ymatics music video
- Joints by Nathan Wierink
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories