News: developers have released images of a 57-storey residential tower designed by Herzog & de Meuron for Miami.
The 198-metre Jade Signature tower by Herzog & de Meuron on an estate in Miami's Sunny Isles district will accommodate 192 residences, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to a 975-square-metre penthouse.
The building's parallelogram-shaped plan will help to angle the apartments towards the southern sun and floor-to-ceiling windows will provide views of the ocean. Hourglass-shaped columns will feature at the extremities of the balconies encircling the tower.
Zaha Hadid Architects is also working on a residential skyscraper in Miami, while a competition to redevelop the site of the Miami Beach Convention Center has received entries from Rem Koolhaas's OMA and Danish firm BIG – see all projects in Miami.
- Edge by Apollo Architects & Associates
- China Hills by MVRDV
- MuCEM by Rudy Ricciotti photographed by …Edmund Sumner
- Third Wave Kiosk built from weathered st…eel piles by Tony Hobba Architects
- Federico Babina imagines film stars livi…ng inside famous architect-designed houses
- Penoyre & Prasad reclads "ugly" London h…ospital tower with origami-like skin
- Concept villas for golf and spa resort, …Dubrovnik, by Zaha Hadid Architects
- Atomikarchitecture wins 21st Century Pie…r competition
- Gavroche centre for children by SOA Arch…itectes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories