News: developers have released images of a 57-storey residential tower designed by Herzog & de Meuron for Miami.
The 198-metre Jade Signature tower by Herzog & de Meuron on an estate in Miami's Sunny Isles district will accommodate 192 residences, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to a 975-square-metre penthouse.
The building's parallelogram-shaped plan will help to angle the apartments towards the southern sun and floor-to-ceiling windows will provide views of the ocean. Hourglass-shaped columns will feature at the extremities of the balconies encircling the tower.
Zaha Hadid Architects is also working on a residential skyscraper in Miami, while a competition to redevelop the site of the Miami Beach Convention Center has received entries from Rem Koolhaas's OMA and Danish firm BIG – see all projects in Miami.
- Gabled stone and glass Torispardon house… reinterprets Scottish farm buildings
- Posen Loft by Yoshihara McKee Architects
- BGU University Entrance Square by Chyuti…n Architects
- Gateway by Norman Foster at Venice Archi…teture Biennale 2012
- V21K01 by Pasel Kuenzel Architects
- A Separate Place by Jesse Randzio and Ar…chitectural Association students
- Louvre Lens by SANAA and Imrey Culbert p…hotographed by Julien Lanoo
- Villa Solaire by JKA and FUGA
- Elly Ward's conceptual tower offers a vi…sion of a child-friendly vertical city
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories