News: developers have released images of a 57-storey residential tower designed by Herzog & de Meuron for Miami.
The 198-metre Jade Signature tower by Herzog & de Meuron on an estate in Miami's Sunny Isles district will accommodate 192 residences, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to a 975-square-metre penthouse.
The building's parallelogram-shaped plan will help to angle the apartments towards the southern sun and floor-to-ceiling windows will provide views of the ocean. Hourglass-shaped columns will feature at the extremities of the balconies encircling the tower.
Zaha Hadid Architects is also working on a residential skyscraper in Miami, while a competition to redevelop the site of the Miami Beach Convention Center has received entries from Rem Koolhaas's OMA and Danish firm BIG – see all projects in Miami.
- School building by Mitchell Taylor Wor…kshop contrasts pale stone with grey brick
- Rusty steel tower over Roman ruins by …Marte.Marte Architects
- Cultural Centre Association by RMDM Ar…chitects
- House of Families by Fantastic Norway
- Medical Practice in Ramsau by Hammersc…hmid Pachl Seebacher Architekten
- House Riihi by OOPEAA shelters a court…yard from wintery gusts
- David Kohn's Sanderson House extension… conceived as a fox in the garden
- Garden of 10,000 Bridges by West 8
- Garcia D’Orta Secondary School by Ba…k Gordon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories