News: developers have released images of a 57-storey residential tower designed by Herzog & de Meuron for Miami.
The 198-metre Jade Signature tower by Herzog & de Meuron on an estate in Miami's Sunny Isles district will accommodate 192 residences, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to a 975-square-metre penthouse.
The building's parallelogram-shaped plan will help to angle the apartments towards the southern sun and floor-to-ceiling windows will provide views of the ocean. Hourglass-shaped columns will feature at the extremities of the balconies encircling the tower.
Zaha Hadid Architects is also working on a residential skyscraper in Miami, while a competition to redevelop the site of the Miami Beach Convention Center has received entries from Rem Koolhaas's OMA and Danish firm BIG – see all projects in Miami.
- House in Buzen by Suppose Design Office
- Social Housing in Sa Pobla by RipollTizo…n
- Science-fiction author proposes 20-kilom…etre rocket-launching skyscraper
- Young Disabled Modules and Workshop Pavi…lions by José Javier Gallardo ///g.bang///
- Michael Schumacher World Champion Tower …by LAVA
- Hooke Park Big Shed by AA Design & Make
- Serpentine Sackler Gallery by Zaha Hadid… photographed by Luke Hayes
- Kivik pavilion by David Chipperfield and… Antony Gormley
- Slideshow: Fazenda Boa Vista Golf Clubho…use by Isay Weinfield
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories