News: developers have released images of a 57-storey residential tower designed by Herzog & de Meuron for Miami.
The 198-metre Jade Signature tower by Herzog & de Meuron on an estate in Miami's Sunny Isles district will accommodate 192 residences, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to a 975-square-metre penthouse.
The building's parallelogram-shaped plan will help to angle the apartments towards the southern sun and floor-to-ceiling windows will provide views of the ocean. Hourglass-shaped columns will feature at the extremities of the balconies encircling the tower.
Zaha Hadid Architects is also working on a residential skyscraper in Miami, while a competition to redevelop the site of the Miami Beach Convention Center has received entries from Rem Koolhaas's OMA and Danish firm BIG – see all projects in Miami.
- 3D-scanning technology will enable citie…s to exist in "both a virtual and a physical form"
- TeleTech call centre by MVRDV
- Steckelhoern 11 by J Mayer H
- Cerise walls frame rooftop garden of hou…sing block by Pietri Architectes
- House MJ, Novo Mesto, by Kombinat
- Dezeen archive: micro homes
- Criss-crossing bricks give a perforated …facade to mountainside building by Li Xiaodong
- House RA by Ana Reis
- SH House by BaksvanWengerden
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories