Competition: Dezeen and UK designers Dorothy have teamed up to give readers the chance to win one of five prints that group Hollywood actors into constellations named after films they have starred in (+ slideshow).
Congratulations to the winners! Leah Ring from the USA, Rick Newton from the UK, Christina Dreibholz from the USA, Mattias Camps from Belgium and Jackson Hunt from the UK all won a Hollywood Star Chart.
Dorothy's pair of Hollywood Star Charts feature constellations named after culturally significant films since 1927 and the group of stars that form the clusters are the actors that appeared in them.
Films on the Golden Age chart include The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and fifty-nine more classics.
The names are mapped onto the Los Angeles night sky as it appeared on 6 October 1927 - the release date of Al Johnson's The Jazz Singer, the first feature-length motion picture with synchronised dialogue.
The Exorcist, Star Wars and Pulp Fiction are among the 108 movies on the Modern Day print, based on the night sky over New York on 16 June 1960 - the date and place that Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho debuted.
Titles were included if they are chosen for preservation in the US National Film Registry, Academy Award winners or the designers' personal favourites.
A key at the bottom of each print lists featured actors, date of their Oscar win or nomination and position of their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Readers have the chance to win either a dark blue Golden Age or dark grey Modern Day open edition chart, worth £25 each.
The litho prints are also available as signed limited editions in gold and silver, which cost £100 each. All prints are available to purchase at Dorothy's online store.
This competition is now closed.
Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeen Mail newsletter and at the top of this page. Dezeen competitions are international and entries are accepted from readers in any country.
We've previously run competitions to win maps with locations names after films and prints that feature bands and songs with colours in their names next to corresponding hues on the colour wheel, both also by Dorothy.
- Lee Broom creates Nouveau Rebel collecti…on in "de rigueur" marble
- Ixion windowless private jet by Technico…n Design offers immersive panoramic views
- Magnum lamp by Patrycja Domanska and Fel…ix Gieselmann is four lights in one
- Rotational Moulding DIY Machine by Andre…w Duffy, Craig Tyler and Edward Harrison
- Protective suit could prevent the spread… of Ebola by creating an isolated environment for patients
- Moooi launches range of hotel soaps and …shampoos to extend its brand
- Designing a McLaren is about creating "e…fficiency through the air"
- Tent London and designersblock movie
- Improvisation Machine by Annika Frye
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories