The illustrated interpretation of Google's logo depicts stylised versions of some of Gaudí's most famous works, including Park Guell and Casa Mila in Barcelona.
Gaudí is one of Spain's most celebrated architects and his hometown of Barcelona is home to many examples of his organic, Gothic-inspired architecture.
The Sagrada Familia church, which Gaudí designed before his death in 1926, is still under construction and is scheduled for completion between 2026 and 2028.
Gaudí's work has influenced many contemporary designs, including Dutch designer Bam Geenen's chair based on his method for designing arches of optimum strength.
Previous Google doodles include an animation based on the famous film title sequences by American graphic designer Saul Bass, and an illustrated version of its logo resembling the architecture of Mies van der Rohe.
Yesterday Google Street View launched its first skyscraper interior, which allows users to explore inside the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- SBTRKT's animated music video follows a …creature through urban dystopia
- Kristine Five Melvær's Liv vases encirc…le flowers with a glass hood
- Units for Reconstruction by Miguel Vieir…a Baptista
- Benjamin Hubert's WW Carafe features a s…teel aerator to improve wine's flavour
- Stop2Go by Mondaine at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- SOFTlab installs colourful funneled cano…py in Melissa shoe shop
- Bachag by Joongho Choi
- MONUmini by Aimée Furnival at Dezeen Su…per Store
- The Catch by Julia Lohmann
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories