The illustrated interpretation of Google's logo depicts stylised versions of some of Gaudí's most famous works, including Park Guell and Casa Mila in Barcelona.
Gaudí is one of Spain's most celebrated architects and his hometown of Barcelona is home to many examples of his organic, Gothic-inspired architecture.
The Sagrada Familia church, which Gaudí designed before his death in 1926, is still under construction and is scheduled for completion between 2026 and 2028.
Gaudí's work has influenced many contemporary designs, including Dutch designer Bam Geenen's chair based on his method for designing arches of optimum strength.
Previous Google doodles include an animation based on the famous film title sequences by American graphic designer Saul Bass, and an illustrated version of its logo resembling the architecture of Mies van der Rohe.
Yesterday Google Street View launched its first skyscraper interior, which allows users to explore inside the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- BlancoWhite by Estudi Arola for Santa & …Cole
- Bird Song with a Found Feather by Martin… Smith/Laikingland
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: Designer Glass Competition winner
- MOY by Elvis Tomljenovic
- Zimoun uses motors to create moving card…board installations
- Cornetto ice creams by Bompas & Parr glo…w in the dark
- RSA House chandeliers by Troika
- Interactive slideshow: furniture and hom…eware from Danish brand Hay
- X Hanger by Kfir Schwalb
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories