This plastic maternity vest by design graduate Alice Kim allows people to carry young plants like babies (+ movie).
Kim hopes the project will remind people of the care and attention that plants require to grow. "Plants share very similar birth and growth process to humans," she said, "but we do not appreciate much of what they give us."
After the seedling has grown into a small plant the owner can use Kim's Plant Stroller to take it for a walk.
Kim exhibited the project at London's graduate showcase New Designers 2013 last week.
Our highlights from this year's graduate shows include a concept to transform London's BT Tower into a pollution-harvesting high rise and cycle helmets made from mulched newspapers.
- Packaging Lights by Anke Weiss
- Trash Luxe at Liberty
- XO tablet by Yves Behar for One Laptop …Per Child
- Transition Roadable Aircraft by KiBiSi f…or Terrafugia
- ICA announces major London design show
- Dezeen competition: win a ride in a desi…gner Flower Car in Milan
- Marble Lights by Studio Vit
- Is Copenhagen the new Milan?
- NewspaperWood by Mieke Meijer and Vij5
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories