This plastic maternity vest by design graduate Alice Kim allows people to carry young plants like babies (+ movie).
Kim hopes the project will remind people of the care and attention that plants require to grow. "Plants share very similar birth and growth process to humans," she said, "but we do not appreciate much of what they give us."
After the seedling has grown into a small plant the owner can use Kim's Plant Stroller to take it for a walk.
Kim exhibited the project at London's graduate showcase New Designers 2013 last week.
Our highlights from this year's graduate shows include a concept to transform London's BT Tower into a pollution-harvesting high rise and cycle helmets made from mulched newspapers.
- Up by TAF for Muuto
- SCP 2011 Collection at Maison&Objet 2011
- Les Astronautes fills Quebec passageway …with swimming pool toys
- Else vases by Michal Fargo moulded from …torn foam blocks
- Shine outdoor furniture by Arik Levy for… Emu
- 100% Inspiration: Phil Nutley
- Designed in Hackney: Omi pendant Lightsb…y Naomi Paul
- RGB Vases – P242 by Oscar Diaz
- Plum Stool by Alvaro Uribe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories