This plastic maternity vest by design graduate Alice Kim allows people to carry young plants like babies (+ movie).
Kim hopes the project will remind people of the care and attention that plants require to grow. "Plants share very similar birth and growth process to humans," she said, "but we do not appreciate much of what they give us."
After the seedling has grown into a small plant the owner can use Kim's Plant Stroller to take it for a walk.
Kim exhibited the project at London's graduate showcase New Designers 2013 last week.
Our highlights from this year's graduate shows include a concept to transform London's BT Tower into a pollution-harvesting high rise and cycle helmets made from mulched newspapers.
- Bote by Big-Game for Materia
- Nonla lamps by Paul Crofts Studio
- Dezeen podcast: Designs of the Year 20…10 at the Design Museum
- Wallfa by Jordi Canudas
- Tobias Rehberger covers HMS President …in "dazzle camouflage"
- Melvin the Mini Machine by HEYHEYHEY
- Prisma by Alexander Lotersztain for De…rlot Editions
- Rhino Skin - Second Chance Gear by Hil…a Raam
- Escale Numérique by Mathieu Lehanneur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories