This plastic maternity vest by design graduate Alice Kim allows people to carry young plants like babies (+ movie).
Kim hopes the project will remind people of the care and attention that plants require to grow. "Plants share very similar birth and growth process to humans," she said, "but we do not appreciate much of what they give us."
After the seedling has grown into a small plant the owner can use Kim's Plant Stroller to take it for a walk.
Kim exhibited the project at London's graduate showcase New Designers 2013 last week.
Our highlights from this year's graduate shows include a concept to transform London's BT Tower into a pollution-harvesting high rise and cycle helmets made from mulched newspapers.
- Dezeen Watch Store: MY03 Hacker availabl…e in three new colours
- Aston Martin's Vantage GT3 is designed t…o "bridge the gap between road and track"
- Movie: Erwan Bouroullec on his favourite… project ever at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Bento by Form Us With Love for One Nordi…c Furniture Company
- Powerless Structures, Fig.101 by Elmgree…n and Dragset
- WaterDream by Nendo for Axor
- Grão by Pedrita
- New photos of Vitra Edition 2007
- 12 Blocks project by Loom Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories