This plastic maternity vest by design graduate Alice Kim allows people to carry young plants like babies (+ movie).
Kim hopes the project will remind people of the care and attention that plants require to grow. "Plants share very similar birth and growth process to humans," she said, "but we do not appreciate much of what they give us."
After the seedling has grown into a small plant the owner can use Kim's Plant Stroller to take it for a walk.
Kim exhibited the project at London's graduate showcase New Designers 2013 last week.
Our highlights from this year's graduate shows include a concept to transform London's BT Tower into a pollution-harvesting high rise and cycle helmets made from mulched newspapers.
- Dezeen Screen: Moody Couch by Hanna Emel…ie Ernsting
- AutoWed Wedding Machine by Concept Shed
- Layered fabric chair by Richard Hutten t…o launch in Milan
- Drip Grip and XY by Nosigner
- Sebastian Cox uses coppiced wood to crea…te Underwood furniture collection
- Anya Sebton designs flexible storage sys…tem for Lammhults
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at SuperDesign
- Matthew Hilton at 100% Design
- Paralympic design: discus throwing frame
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories